Representatives of Soloy Aviation Solutions announced that they have signed a contract with China’s Changhe Aircraft Industries Group for 12 AC311 Honeywell engine its for delivery throughout 2013.
“This is the final piece of negotiations that consummated the contract during Heli-Expo in Las Vegas in March,” stated Dave Stauffer, CEO, Soloy Aviation Solutions. It was a tremendous group effort between our company, Honeywell engine’s China representative and the delegation from Changhe Aircraft Industries Group. It’s a major win ll around.”
Stauffer explained that Soloy’s AC311 engine kit covers the installation of the Honeywell LTS101-700D-2 engine into China’s all-new Avicopter AC311 light helicopter.
“The Avicopter AC311 helicopter is a clean sheet design being produced by the Changhe Aircraft IndustriesGroup at their facility in Jiangxi province, China,” he stated. “Powered by the Honeywell engine, the AC311 can carry up to six people and still have a max useful load of 1,985 lbs. (900 kg). It’s similar to the Changhe Z11,but with the more powerful Honeywell replacing the WZ-8D engine, it offers performance better suited for the unique operating environment found in mainland China.”
Stauffer also explained that the Avicopter AC311 kit is based on the STC Soloy received to replace the original Turbomeca Arriel engine with the upgraded Honeywell TS101-700D-2 engine on Eurocopter AS350s. Soloy received Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) approval for the AS350B2 engine upgrade kits from the Civil Aviation dministration of China (CAAC) earlier this year.
“To date, Soloy has delivered over 125 ‘SD2’ kits to AS350 operators around the world,” Stauffer said. “In fact, along with the 10 conversion kits we’ve already elivered to Changhe Aircraft, we have interest from a number of current AS350 operators for conversion kits to operators in China. We expect that number to grow substantially now that we have the STC from the CAAC and as operators see the performance benefits the conversion brings to their AS350s.”
Soloy Aviation Solutions
Soloy Aviation Solutions is a Washington State based company specializing in fixed and rotary wing aircraft power and performance improvements as well as contract engineering and aviation parts manufacturing for over 40 years.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform