Sandel Avionics, Inc., the global leader in wire, terrain, and obstacles alerting technology for helicopters, today announced that deliveries of new Mil-Std-810G-qualified Sandel ST3453H HeliTAWS® systems to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) are underway. Sandel is under a long-term supply agreement with KAI to provide the HeliTAWS multihazard avoidance systems for factory installation on new KAI helicopters manufactured in Korea, including KUH-1P models for the Korean National Police.
“Having KAI include our HeliTAWS system is yet another example of the OEM’s dedication to helicopter safety and ensuring that it’s the number one priority in helicopter operations,” said Gerry Block, President & CEO of Sandel. “We are extremely proud to work with manufacturers like KAI to increase the availability of technologies designed to make flying safer,” added Block.
KAI joins other Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the last two years that have chosen to enhance their product offering with Sandel’s avionics. HeliTAWS is included as standard equipment on the Sikorsky S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopters and Sandel’s SN4500 Primary Navigation Displays and SA4550 Primary Attitude Displays are an option offered on new EC135 model helicopters manufactured by Eurocopter.
To start, KAI is equipping its KUH-1P model with HeliTAWS – further enhancing the capability of the Korean Utility Helicopter derivative designed specifically for airborne law enforcement requirements.
HeliTAWS is the industry’s first multihazard avoidance system for helicopters that alerts against wires, terrain, and obstacles, and is the only certified panel-mount solution. Incorporating Sandel’s proprietary TruAlert® technology, HeliTAWS enables pilots to take off, cruise, hover and land at off-airport locations without triggering nuisance alerts. HeliTAWS exceeds TSO-C194 compliance and includes an easy-to-interpret, color, high-resolution display for 3D terrain, obstacles, flight plan and traffic overlay, along with on-demand Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) compatibility.
About Sandel Avionics Inc.
Sandel Avionics Inc., the terrain avoidance leader, engineers and manufactures advanced avionics for rotorcraft and fixed-wing aircraft and provides embedded software for OEM applications. Its compact integrated display systems, for the military and commercial markets, which include 3-ATI and 4-ATI retrofit primary displays, Class A & B fixed-wing TAWS and HeliTAWS–the helicopter industry’s only certified panel-mount HTAWS that alerts against wires, terrain and obstacles.
Located in Vista, California, Sandel is managed by an independent board of directors, with the stated business purpose of enhancing the capabilities of pilots and their aircraft.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President