Sandel Avionics, Inc., the global leader in wire, terrain, and obstacles alerting technology for helicopters, today announced that deliveries of new Mil-Std-810G-qualified Sandel ST3453H HeliTAWS® systems to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) are underway. Sandel is under a long-term supply agreement with KAI to provide the HeliTAWS multihazard avoidance systems for factory installation on new KAI helicopters manufactured in Korea, including KUH-1P models for the Korean National Police.
“Having KAI include our HeliTAWS system is yet another example of the OEM’s dedication to helicopter safety and ensuring that it’s the number one priority in helicopter operations,” said Gerry Block, President & CEO of Sandel. “We are extremely proud to work with manufacturers like KAI to increase the availability of technologies designed to make flying safer,” added Block.
KAI joins other Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the last two years that have chosen to enhance their product offering with Sandel’s avionics. HeliTAWS is included as standard equipment on the Sikorsky S-70i BLACK HAWK helicopters and Sandel’s SN4500 Primary Navigation Displays and SA4550 Primary Attitude Displays are an option offered on new EC135 model helicopters manufactured by Eurocopter.
To start, KAI is equipping its KUH-1P model with HeliTAWS – further enhancing the capability of the Korean Utility Helicopter derivative designed specifically for airborne law enforcement requirements.
HeliTAWS is the industry’s first multihazard avoidance system for helicopters that alerts against wires, terrain, and obstacles, and is the only certified panel-mount solution. Incorporating Sandel’s proprietary TruAlert® technology, HeliTAWS enables pilots to take off, cruise, hover and land at off-airport locations without triggering nuisance alerts. HeliTAWS exceeds TSO-C194 compliance and includes an easy-to-interpret, color, high-resolution display for 3D terrain, obstacles, flight plan and traffic overlay, along with on-demand Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) compatibility.
About Sandel Avionics Inc.
Sandel Avionics Inc., the terrain avoidance leader, engineers and manufactures advanced avionics for rotorcraft and fixed-wing aircraft and provides embedded software for OEM applications. Its compact integrated display systems, for the military and commercial markets, which include 3-ATI and 4-ATI retrofit primary displays, Class A & B fixed-wing TAWS and HeliTAWS–the helicopter industry’s only certified panel-mount HTAWS that alerts against wires, terrain and obstacles.
Located in Vista, California, Sandel is managed by an independent board of directors, with the stated business purpose of enhancing the capabilities of pilots and their aircraft.
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories