Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), announced two new accessories for the Bell 407 including a self-sealing fuel cell kit and a passenger ballistic protection system. The new products will be distributed under Bell Helicopters’s Aeronautical Accessories brand.
The Bell 407 Self-Sealing Fuel Cell Kit is an alternative to the Bell 407 standard fuel cells. Material used for construction of the self-sealing fuel cells provides for ballistic-tolerant fuel cells offering an increased level of protection for the rotorcraft crew and passengers. The kit includes forward, main and auxiliary self-sealing fuel cells complementing the existing OEM fuel system.
The Bell 407 Passenger Ballistic Protection System (BPS) is a second addition to the Aeronautical Accessories 407 BPS product line. Developed by LifePort, this new system provides protection for passenger floor and seats. Like the Crew Ballistic Protection System, the new Passenger System offers the lightest weight technology in composite armor solutions. The Bell 407 Passenger BPS is also coated with LifeGard, a protective coating that seals and protects the encapsulated armor. The coating increases the life and durability of the system and provides a slip resistant surface.
“We continually look for innovative products to add to our product line to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our customers’ missions,” said Chad Nimrick, director, Aeronautical Accessories and Customers Support and Services Engineering. “The new self-sealing fuel cell kit and the Passenger BPS are two excellent examples of our commitment to improving the operation, safety and versatility of the Bell 407.”
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved for Bell 407
- AeroBrigham to Exhibit Marion County 407 at APSCON
- United Rotorcraft receives China CAAC Validation for Bell 407
- Med-Trans Opens New AeroCare Base
- Bell awarded $22M contract for Seven extra Bell 407 airframes
- Bell awarded $10M contract for Procurement of 3 B407 Airframes
- Bell to Widen Malaysian Market
- Trakka annonces FAA approval for Bell series
- Boost Systems Dual Hook Systems and Personnel Carrying Devise approved for B407 and AS350/355
- Montana – ALERT program raising money for new helicopter
- 05-Nov-17 N522RL Bell 407 Rig MP281, US-Gulf of Mexico
- Bell promotes 407 in African market
- SAFE Structure designs maintenance stands for Halo Flight
- FAA approves B206 and B407 sim from Ryan-Precision JV
- Bell 407 operator LJ Aviation renews ACSF registration
- Sonoma County Sheriff gets sign off for new Bell 407GXP
- New Bell representative for UK and Ireland
- 18-May-17 N6040Y Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- 13-May-17 Bell 407 Mosul, Iraq
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems B407 Cargo Hook Kits