The Professional Helicopter Pilots Association International (PHPA), a council of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), today is mourning the tragic loss of our members and friends Captain Don Filliter and First Officer Jacques Dupuy, and Flight Paramedics Dustin Dagenais and Chris Snowball (members of CAW Local 2002), who were killed today when their Ornge air ambulance S76 helicopter went down en route from Moosonee toAttawapiskat in Northern Ontario.
While the cause is still unknown, today’s accident underscores the very real dangers that even experienced helicopter pilots like Don and Jacques face every day in the service of others. OPEIU offers our deepest condolences to the families of these very brave and selfless members who gave their lives today while trying to save others. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families, and we offer our full support and cooperation in the investigation of the accident.
PHPA has been in touch with Ornge and is making available its own accident investigators for assistance in the investigation.
ABOUT PHPA INTERNATIONAL
The Professional Helicopter Pilots Association International (PHPA) is a council of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) and is a professional, non-profit organization dedicated to improving air safety and protecting the interests of commercial helicopter pilots. PHPA promotes industry professionalism, education and training, and encourages professional helicopter pilots, the military and civilians of all flying disciplines to join together to represent and enforce the high standards, ideals and goals of the profession.
- Island Express Helicopters sues ATC over Kobe Bryant accident
- 25-Aug-20 N276TH Sikorsky S76C West Palm Beach, US-Florida
- Korea – Corporate operator Posco to make corporate S76s available for EMS work
- Sikorsky S76C – FAA AD 2020-0212 – RDAU software
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- 26-Jan-20 N72EX Sikorsky S76B Calabasas, US-California (9F)
- DAC International launch ADS-B Out solution for Sikorsky S76
- Wheels Up partners with HeliFlite
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- 18-Mar-19 C9-HEI Sikorsky S76A Beira, Mozambique
- Heli-One Completes Universal Avionics Flight Deck Upgrade For S-76
- Costa do Sol Taxi Aero selects SKYTRAC Real-Time Flight Data Monitoring
- Universal Avionics ground testing completed on Heli-One S76B
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- UK Aviation Services becomes a Sikorsky S76 Customer Support Center
- JSSI expands S76 coverage
- Crestwood selected as Sikorsky Supplier of the Year
- Canada certifies DAC for Esterline CMA-6800 Display in S76
- 25-May-17 VT-CMM Sikorsky S76C++ Nilanga, India
- CHC Brazil Opens New Hangar in Macaé