Night Flight Concepts, the leading provider of night vision solutions, is pleased to announce it completed the Initial Pilot Qualification and NVG Instructor Pilot training for Cougar Helicopters. Training was conducted in the Bell 206 Helicopter at the Palm Beach Helicopters Alignment Training Center in Lantana, Florida.
“The overall goal was to provide Cougar with a standardized NVG training course and instructor pilot training so they could then go back to their main location and conduct initial training for their remaining pilots and flight crew,” stated Adam Aldous, Night Flight Concepts President & CEO.
Along with training, Night Flight Concepts also assisted Cougar Helicopters with the development of their General Operations Manual and approval from Transport Canada. “The development and approval process for the operations manual was a big task, as there are only a few approved NVG programs in Canada,” explained Aldous. “NFC was more than happy to assist and lend our experience and guidance to Cougar throughout the entire process.”
In addition, Night Flight Concepts also provided the Cougar Helicopters Avionics Technicians with NVG Inspection and Repair Equipment training. The curriculum included training on inspection, certification and repair. This training now certifies Cougar and provides them with the opportunity to manage these processes in-house, instead of the previous method of outsourcing the management to an inspections and repair facility every 180 days.
“NFC provided invaluable training and support for flight crew and technicians,” explained JJ Gerber, Director of Flight Operations for Cougar Helicopters. “The additional training for our Avionics Technicians on training management of our NVG equipment also allows us to maintain an operation ready rate of 100% at all times without any downtime.”
Cougar Helicopters began in 1984 as an offshore helicopter service provider based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. They expanded their operations to St. John’s in June 1997 with their first offshore flight to the Hibernia Platform. Cougar’s primary role is the transfer of personnel to and from their offshore location. Cougar Helicopters also has a secondary role in providing Search and Rescue services to offshore operators.
About Night Flight Concepts
Night Flight Concepts assists organizations from around the globe, providing comprehensive night vision solutions featuring training, equipment, maintenance services, and consulting options.
Night Flight Concepts was formed in 2006 by experienced civil and U.S. Army aviators, maintenance technicians, and safety officers. The company has over 50 combined years of aviation experience and performed flight operations around the globe and in all environments.
Night Flight Concepts was formed to meet the challenging need and continuing growth of night vision goggle (NVG) operations within the United States and abroad, particularly for law enforcement agencies, air medical/rescue services, military organizations, and government task force agencies – our “First Responders.”
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation