[electronic translation] The first helicopter Tiger HAD version (for Helicopter Support Destruction), was delivered to the base of the light aircraft of the Army in Le Cannet des Maures in the Var. On this occasion, the Army General Bertrand Ract Madouxlaan, Chief of Staff of the Army, boarded the new Tiger and welcomed this important event, “the gunship is an inseparable partner of infantry and cavalry in contact with the enemy. “
The Tiger HAD is the second standard helicopter the Army after the now well-known Tiger HAP (support protection) which is essentially a weapon barrel 30 mm and 68-mm rockets.
For the replacement helicopters Gazelle Viviane’s mission attack and antitank, the HAD Tiger is equipped with Mistral air-to-air and air-ground AGM-114 Hellfire missiles. The HAD version of the Tiger also has an improved ballistic protection against small arms fire and a new optronic sighting system.
The first HAD should be assigned to the 1st Regiment of gunships Phalsburg from 2014.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet