FOURTEEN STUDENTS from Germany and Sweden together with four observers from Austria and Hungary participated in the first European Helicopter Tactics Instructor Course (EHTIC) which was successfully organised in two parts.
The classroom and simulator phase took place from 08 – 28 April in the UK (RAF Linton-on-Ouse) and the life flying phase was hosted and located by Sweden at the Vidsel Test Range (06 – 24 May) 2013. The complete course is part of the EDA Helicopter Training Programme (HTP).
The aim of course is to give selected European helicopter aircrew tactical depth and expertise, leading to an enhanced awareness of helicopter tactics and employment and multi-national integration. At the end of the course graduates are adept at imparting tactical instruction during training and on operations and are also competent in providing helicopter tactical advice at one star level, as well as leading multi-platform complex Composite Air Operations (COMAOs).
The classroom and simulator phase was executed in the simulator assets of the Helicopter Tactics Course (HTC) and followed the syllabus of the UK QHTI (Qualified Helicopter Tactics Instructor) course as the baseline. Fourteen instructors of the UK instructor team of the ROWETU (Rotary-Wing Operational Evaluation and Trials Unit) ran the course which allowed a ratio of one instructor per student. This allowed a very individual and supportive training with a high-value output.
The focus of the course is to not only train the pilots, but the rear crew (chiefs and door-gunners) as well. Not only the “Pitchers” (German nickname for the front crew) had to prepare the missions or give related briefings, the “Mixers” (German nickname for the crew chiefs) and the door-gunners where challenged as well. For the life flying phase, one German Air Force CH-53GS, one Swedish Super Puma and two Germany Army UH-1Ds were available.
The live flying phase was executed in cooperation with the RAF’s 100 Squadron which deployed their two Hawks fast jets as red air for the evasion training phase. Swedish Gripens were involved in this part of the course as well.
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter