The National Air Transportation Foundation (NATF) is proud to announce that Sergio Vergara is the first winner of the Richard L. Taylor Flight Training Scholarship. This scholarship is named after Richard L. Taylor, Professor Emeritus, who for 22 years was the director of flight operations and education at The Ohio State University. His distinctive leadership fostered extensive opportunities for aviation students to further their careers as professional pilots.
Sergio Vergara attends North Shore Community College in Danvers, Massachusetts. Sergio is currently pursuing an Aviation Science Pilot degree and plans to continue his studies toward becoming a commercial pilot. He currently holds a private pilot certificate and is conducting instrument training. Sergio is a member of the Alpha Eta Rho International Aviation Fraternity and the Sigma Alpha Pi Honor Society. In addition to his studies, Sergio enjoys teaching at summer aviation camps for children ages 6-16 to inspire them to pursue a career in aviation.
“This is the first year granting this scholarship and we received over 35 applications! It was so refreshing to see that the aviation industry is attracting so many bright and dedicated men and women. We wish all the applicants the best of luck in their careers as aviation pilots,” said NATA Manager of Safety 1st Programs Elizabeth Nicholson.
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020