The National Air Transportation Foundation (NATF) is proud to announce that Sergio Vergara is the first winner of the Richard L. Taylor Flight Training Scholarship. This scholarship is named after Richard L. Taylor, Professor Emeritus, who for 22 years was the director of flight operations and education at The Ohio State University. His distinctive leadership fostered extensive opportunities for aviation students to further their careers as professional pilots.
Sergio Vergara attends North Shore Community College in Danvers, Massachusetts. Sergio is currently pursuing an Aviation Science Pilot degree and plans to continue his studies toward becoming a commercial pilot. He currently holds a private pilot certificate and is conducting instrument training. Sergio is a member of the Alpha Eta Rho International Aviation Fraternity and the Sigma Alpha Pi Honor Society. In addition to his studies, Sergio enjoys teaching at summer aviation camps for children ages 6-16 to inspire them to pursue a career in aviation.
“This is the first year granting this scholarship and we received over 35 applications! It was so refreshing to see that the aviation industry is attracting so many bright and dedicated men and women. We wish all the applicants the best of luck in their careers as aviation pilots,” said NATA Manager of Safety 1st Programs Elizabeth Nicholson.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year