Brightwater Partners, LLC, is pleased to announce that Billy Mitchell has been appointed as VP of Operations at two of their portfolio companies: OAS Aircraft Support and OAS’ Alabama-based sister company, Alabama Aircraft Support (AAS).
Based in Lakeside, Arizona, OAS Aircraft Support was established in 2001 with a primary focus on the support of the Bell Helicopter market, both commercial and military. As esteemed resources for Bell Medium Helicopter parts, refurbishing, testing and technical expertise, OAS and AAS have firmly established themselves within the helicopter repair and refurbishment industry, securing contracts with multiple government entities, including a 5-year overhaul contract with the US State Department which has a potential value of $110 million dollars.
With over 10 years aircraft MRO experience, Mr. Mitchell joins Alabama Aircraft Support and OAS Aircraft Support after working for over six years in both technical and senior leadership positions for Vector Aerospace in Vancouver, British Columbia, which experienced significant growth under his leadership.
“I am very excited about the opportunities that have been granted to me by Brightwater Partners,” said Mr. Mitchell regarding the announcement. “The two companies are such respectable entities in this industry, and I am sure that, with the support of the stellar management teams both have already in place, I can help to grow the already excellent reputation each company has earned.”
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19