AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that OHI Group has signed a contract for an additional two AW139 intermediate twin-engine helicopters. These aircraft, which will be assembled at the AgustaWestland plant in Philadelphia, USA, will be used for offshore transport operations.
This latest contract, part of a multi-year agreement, brings the total number of AW139 helicopters ordered by OHI Group to nine, with the first four aircraft already in service and three additional aircraft scheduled to be delivered in the coming months. OHI Group also has plans to further expand its fleet of AgustaWestland helicopters, including possibly adding new models to its fleet. OHI Group’s helicopters are operated in Brazil and other regions of the world supporting its oil and gas industry clients.
Emilio Dalmasso, Senior Vice President Commercial Business Unit, AgustaWestland said “We are delighted to sign this latest contract with OHI Group, further strengthening our established partnership with this important offshore operator.”
He added “This order confirms the customer’s satisfaction with the outstanding capabilities and safety of the AW139 for offshore transport and we look forward to expanding our cooperation further in the future.”
Mr. Richard Burman, CEO of OHI Group, said “This additional commitment to the AW139 is testament to the success of the helicopter and the way it has been received and accepted by clients and passengers across the globe. As we move to OGP compliance and global standards it is logical for us, OHI Group, to add to our already large, safe and reliable fleet of AW139s. These additional aircraft will most likely, be deployed outside of Brazil as OHI develops and expands its international business.”
State-of-the-art technology, outstanding performance, low operating costs and the only helicopter in its class to meet the latest safety standards, have all contributed to make the AW139 the helicopter of choice in the medium twin market and the benchmark in the global oil and gas sector. With its power reserve, the AW139 delivers Category A (Class 1) performance from a helipad (elevated or at ground level) at maximum take-off weight with an unmatched one engine inoperative capability. The standard cabin configuration provides seating for 12 or 15 passengers in a large and bright 8.0 m3 cabin with excellent ease of access and egress via large sliding cabin doors. Comprehensive and customized support and training solutions coupled with the AW139’s ease of maintenance allow the aircraft to achieve high flying rates and high levels of dispatch reliability.
Over 200 customers from nearly 60 countries have ordered more than 720 AW139 helicopters so far. The AW139 is part of the AgustaWestland Family of new generation helicopters that includes the AW169 and AW189 models, which possess the same high performance flight characteristics and safety features as well as sharing a common cockpit layout, design philosophy and maintenance concept. This commonality will allow more effective operations for customers operating helicopter fleets across the 4 to 8.5 tonne categories.
OHI Group is a major provider of helicopter services to the offshore energy industry. Through its subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures, the Company is rapidly expanding its offshore helicopter operations in the oil and gas producing regions of the world.
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- Babcock exits southern North Sea operations