Romanian helicopter manufacturer IAR Brasov has chosen Thales to supply TMS 2000 sonobuoy processors to equip IAR-330 Puma helicopters operated by the Romanian Navy.
The processors will give the Romanian Navy a decisive anti-submarine warfare (ASW) capability to detect submarines in the Black Sea, in particular as part of NATO missions.
TMS 2000 processors offer a rapidly deployable ASW capability, with installation requiring only minor modifications to the aircraft. Sonobuoys are released over the sea by a fixed- or rotary-wing aircraft and send acoustic data to the processor via a VHF link. The VHF receiver on the aircraft receives and processes the data in real time.
With the TMS 2000 system, Thales offers a solution that is both cost-effective and highly efficient in operational terms. It is quick and easy to install and delivers excellent signal processing performance and display quality. Overall, the TMS 2000 represents an ideal solution for navies that need to quickly acquire an ASW capability.
Thales offers proven sonobuoy processors for maritime patrol aircraft as well as helicopters of all sizes. The operational performance of sonobuoys has improved rapidly in recent years, making them an increasingly serious threat to any submarine seeking to avoid detection.
With a large number of systems already in service, Thales is a leading player in sonobuoy processors and is maintaining a significant level of investment in order to ensure client navies benefit from the very latest systems and technologies.
The TMS 2000 processor is one of the most advanced currently available on the market and equips NH90 helicopters operated by the French, Norwegian and Swedish Navies as well as the Royal Navy’s EH101 Merlins.
- RAF passes 10,000 hours on upgraded Pumas
- 11-Oct-15 XW229 Airbus SA330 Kabul, Afghanistan (5F)
- Selex ES to update UK RAF Puma electronic warfare capability
- 18-Jul-15 1209 TP-1 Oryx Goma, DRCongo
- 12-May-15 EI-SAI Airbus SA330J Pristina, Kosovo
- Upgraded RAF Puma – first NATO mission deployment
- 21-Nov IAR330 Puma Malancrav, Romania (9F)
- Puma Mark 2 trials hosted by Vector Aerospace UK
- RAF begins training on the Puma Mk2
- Tanzania Approves Starlite’s Air Service Licence
- RAF awards Eurocopter UK three year Puma Mk2 fleet support contract
- GKN Aerospace to upgrade UK RAF Puma fuel tanks
- 07-Mar-13 Eurocopter/IAR SA330L Bacau, Romania (2F)
- Heli-One signs 13-year contract to service RAF Puma engines
- UK military awards CAE two simulator contracts
- Engineering success at RAF Odiham
- Eurocopter hands over first Puma Mk2 to UK military
- RAF Pumas arrive at Territorial Army Centre for Olympics role
- Major milestone achieved on Eurocopterâ€™s Puma Mk2 upgrade program for RAF
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations