For the third time, Women in Aviation, International will conduct its outreach to pre-teen and teen girls as part of its “Take Your Daughter to the Conference Day” event. The first two Daughter Days were made possible through generous grants totaling $25,000 from the UPS Foundation. This past year, The Sporty’s Foundation donated training materials for the event, including logbooks and sectional charts for every participant.
Daughter Day is open to all girls ages 10 to 17 who are associated with a WAI member. Local outreach has been made to area Girl Scouts and this will continue in Orlando for the 2014 Conference. A day-long program of age-appropriate aviation activities is planned which includes flying a flight simulator, reading a sectional chart, a scavenger hunt, a group lunch with an inspirational speaker and a tour of the Exhibit Hall.
“From our first Daughter Day in Dallas, we knew we had a winning program,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Of course, we are grateful for the support of both the UPS Foundation and The Sporty’s Foundation for making this program possible.”
The third Daughter Day will be held during the 25th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida, on Saturday, March 7, 2014. “We want to take what we’ve learned from the first two events and enhance the program for this anniversary conference,” adds Dr. Chabrian.
The 25th Annual WAI Conference year kicks off with a regional conference at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona, on Friday, October 4 and Saturday, October 5, 2013. “Our conferences started in Prescott, so we’re headed back to our roots,” says Dr. Chabrian.
For more information on any of these events, please visit www.wai.org/events/index.cfm.
Women in Aviation, International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information, contact WAI at 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381, Phone (937) 839-4647; Fax (937) 839-4645 or through www.wai.org.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee