For the third time, Women in Aviation, International will conduct its outreach to pre-teen and teen girls as part of its “Take Your Daughter to the Conference Day” event. The first two Daughter Days were made possible through generous grants totaling $25,000 from the UPS Foundation. This past year, The Sporty’s Foundation donated training materials for the event, including logbooks and sectional charts for every participant.
Daughter Day is open to all girls ages 10 to 17 who are associated with a WAI member. Local outreach has been made to area Girl Scouts and this will continue in Orlando for the 2014 Conference. A day-long program of age-appropriate aviation activities is planned which includes flying a flight simulator, reading a sectional chart, a scavenger hunt, a group lunch with an inspirational speaker and a tour of the Exhibit Hall.
“From our first Daughter Day in Dallas, we knew we had a winning program,” says WAI President Dr. Peggy Chabrian. “Of course, we are grateful for the support of both the UPS Foundation and The Sporty’s Foundation for making this program possible.”
The third Daughter Day will be held during the 25th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida, on Saturday, March 7, 2014. “We want to take what we’ve learned from the first two events and enhance the program for this anniversary conference,” adds Dr. Chabrian.
The 25th Annual WAI Conference year kicks off with a regional conference at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona, on Friday, October 4 and Saturday, October 5, 2013. “Our conferences started in Prescott, so we’re headed back to our roots,” says Dr. Chabrian.
For more information on any of these events, please visit www.wai.org/events/index.cfm.
Women in Aviation, International is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing networking, mentoring and scholarship opportunities for women and men who are striving for challenging and fulfilling careers in the aviation and aerospace industries. For more information, contact WAI at 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381, Phone (937) 839-4647; Fax (937) 839-4645 or through www.wai.org.
- Helicopter Tactics Symposium drew lessons from past operations
- Air Methods to Refund Medicare Patients
- Leonardo and Abu Dhabi Aviation sign contracts
- Airbus highlighted products at DSE 2019
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza