AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce an order for two AW119Ke single engine helicopters by Kestrel Aviation, a privately owned helicopter operator based in Mumbai, India. The AW119Ke helicopters, both in VIP configuration, will be delivered to Kestrel Aviation during the last quarter of 2013 and will join two others of the same model already in service.
Configured for VIP transport tasks the AW119Ke offers outstanding performance, cabin space and comfort normally only available on twin-engine types. Up to six passengers can be seated in the main cabin with easy access via a large sliding door on each side of the aircraft. A large baggage bay is located behind the main cabin.
Nearly 230 AW119 helicopters have been sold in more than 30 countries to over 100 customers. It is a top-of-the-range helicopter in the single engine market and has excellent performance. The helicopter, with a maximum gross weight of 2,850 kg (6,928 lb), is powered by a Pratt & Whitney PT6B-37A engine that is rated at 1002 shp (747 kW) for take-off, delivering exceptional performance in hot and high conditions as well as a class leading maximum cruise speed of 152 knots (282 km/h). The AW119Ke is perfectly suited to perform many tasks including VIP/corporate transport, utility, fire fighting, EMS, offshore transport, law enforcement and government duties.
Nearly 50 AgustaWestland commercial helicopters have been sold in India in the last six years comprising AW119 Koala, AW119Ke, AW109 Power, Grand, GrandNew and AW139 models. OSS Air, an AgustaWestland Authorised Service Centre, provides local support including maintenance, spares and training services from its main bases in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard