L-3 WESCAM announced today the launch of two new products that directly reduce the costs associated with development testing and the sustainment of fielded electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting systems. The new MX™-Emulator and MX™-RAid products support L-3 WESCAM’s portfolio of MX™-Series systems for military, homeland security and airborne law enforcement use.
The launch of the MX-Emulator enables system integrators and OEMs to dramatically reduce the System Integration Lab (SIL) development costs associated with critical integration activities. Engineered to replicate the exact functionality of airborne and ground-based MX systems, the MX-Emulator provides connectivity to all standard control systems, including handcontrollers, operator control units, joysticks and mission grips. L-3 will be demonstrating the capabilities of its new MX-Emulator at the Paris Air Show in the L-3 pavilion (static: E-170), June 17–21, 2013.
“The MX-Emulator provides a rapid return on investment by reducing SIL development costs and by mitigating the risk of issues that can arise during the critical system integration phase of a program,” said Rod Till, vice president of customer service for L-3 WESCAM. “Furthermore, it enables MX systems and associated aircraft to be freed from the SIL testing environment and available to support operational missions.”
L-3’s concurrent launch of the MX-RAid, Internet version, provides a remote diagnostic capability for the evaluation of fielded MX-Series EO/IR systems. This exclusive capability gives L-3 WESCAM’s customers immediate access to an in-house factory technician who can diagnose in-service system issues from afar.
Originally conducted over a satellite connection, this new Internet-based connection option provides a data link between an L-3 WESCAM technician and the fielded MX-Series system, enabling live video, voice or text chat capability, and the streaming of live system video. The MX-RAid technology returns some systems to operational status from the field and reduces the number of systems being sent to service facilities with “No Fault Found” (NFF) systems issues.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3
ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, platform and logistics solutions, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2012 sales of $13.1 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee