L-3 WESCAM announced today the launch of two new products that directly reduce the costs associated with development testing and the sustainment of fielded electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting systems. The new MX™-Emulator and MX™-RAid products support L-3 WESCAM’s portfolio of MX™-Series systems for military, homeland security and airborne law enforcement use.
The launch of the MX-Emulator enables system integrators and OEMs to dramatically reduce the System Integration Lab (SIL) development costs associated with critical integration activities. Engineered to replicate the exact functionality of airborne and ground-based MX systems, the MX-Emulator provides connectivity to all standard control systems, including handcontrollers, operator control units, joysticks and mission grips. L-3 will be demonstrating the capabilities of its new MX-Emulator at the Paris Air Show in the L-3 pavilion (static: E-170), June 17–21, 2013.
“The MX-Emulator provides a rapid return on investment by reducing SIL development costs and by mitigating the risk of issues that can arise during the critical system integration phase of a program,” said Rod Till, vice president of customer service for L-3 WESCAM. “Furthermore, it enables MX systems and associated aircraft to be freed from the SIL testing environment and available to support operational missions.”
L-3’s concurrent launch of the MX-RAid, Internet version, provides a remote diagnostic capability for the evaluation of fielded MX-Series EO/IR systems. This exclusive capability gives L-3 WESCAM’s customers immediate access to an in-house factory technician who can diagnose in-service system issues from afar.
Originally conducted over a satellite connection, this new Internet-based connection option provides a data link between an L-3 WESCAM technician and the fielded MX-Series system, enabling live video, voice or text chat capability, and the streaming of live system video. The MX-RAid technology returns some systems to operational status from the field and reduces the number of systems being sent to service facilities with “No Fault Found” (NFF) systems issues.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3
ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, platform and logistics solutions, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2012 sales of $13.1 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment