Heli-One, the world’s largest independent provider of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul services, has today signed a long-term contract with aviation services company Noordzee Helikopters Vlaanderen (NHV) at the Paris Air Show.
NHV operates in nine countries, serving the oil-and-gas industry and delivering emergency medical services and other missions. Under the five-year contract, Heli-One will provide tip-to-tail power-by-the-hour (PBH) services for NHV’s two newly acquired Eurocopter AS332L2 aircraft.
“Heli-One’s knowledge of the AS332LSs and experience in supporting helicopter operators serving the oil-and gas-industry were key factors to securing our business,” said Pieter de Ridder, COO of NHV.
“This partnership gives NHV better control over maintenance budgets and will help us to maintain mission-ready AS332L2s to support our customers.”
NHV’s AS332L2s will operate out of Den Helder, the Netherlands, serving the oil-and-gas industry in the North Sea. Each aircraft is expected to log approximately 100 flight hours per month.
“Heli-One’s PBH support has been tailored to NHV’s exact requirements – giving them unrivalled value and world-class service,” said Larry Alexandre, President, Heli-One.
“NHV’s operations will benefit from our extensive knowledge of AS332L2 aircraft and our experience in supporting offshore operators working in the most challenging environments.”
To improve aircraft availability, NHV will give Heli-One a rolling forecast of required components looking four months ahead. With this, Heli-One will order parts and components for delivery two weeks before scheduled maintenance is performed. Heli-One will also maintain some components on-site at Den Helder so NHV can have rapid access to critical parts.
Additionally, the contract covers unscheduled events such as snags and failures, and rectifying an “aircraft on ground” situation by dispatching any required component within 24 hours via Heli-One’s around-the-clock AOG hotline service.
Heli-One is exhibiting at the Paris Air Show – Hall 3 Stand E27 from 17-23 June 2013.
Heli-One is based in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, and has MRO operations in Delta; Stavanger, Norway; Fort Collins, Colorado; and Rzeszow, Poland. Heli-One is part of CHC Helicopter, a leader in enabling customers to go further, do more and come home safely. In addition to MRO services, that includes oil-and-gas companies and government search-and-rescue agencies. CHC is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and operates more than 240 aircraft in about 30 countries around the world.
Members of the NHV and Heli-One team including Pieter De Ridder, COO of NHV, and Larry Alexandre, President of Heli-One, celebrate signing the contract at the 2013 Paris Air Show.
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332
- Vector Aerospace receives EASA STC approval for ADS-B upgrade
- Statoil drops Super Puma for ever
- Plans to Upgrade Polish Navy Fleet