OEM Defence Services has signed with Eurocopter a five-year maintenance contract covering more than 100 equipment items, including avionics, hydraulics and mechanical systems, installed on all versions of the NH90 helicopter in service worldwide.
The single contract covers through-life support services for the equipment and systems manufactured by five major players in the aerospace sector that are shareholders in OEM Defence Services: Diehl Aerospace, Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation, Safran, Thales and Zodiac.
Through this new agreement, which is based on a shared-services model with contractual commitments on performance levels and costs, OEM Defence Services is helping to drive the process of simplification of onboard equipment maintenance and improve the overall performance of through-life support for the NH90 fleet.
OEM Defence Services draws on the best-in-class industrial capabilities of its shareholders and partners to propose a collaborative, service-oriented model with innovative solutions that leverage synergies to adapt to the needs of customers.
With the conclusion of this contract, Eurocopter and OEM Defence Services deploy an optimised model of industrial cooperation that will improve the operational efficiency of NH90 customers and help to control their through-life support budgets.
About OEM Defence Services:
OEM Defence Services provides through-life support services for a broad range of aeronautical equipment developed and manufactured by the following OEMs:
Diehl Aerospace GmbH *
Liebherr-Aerospace & Transporation SAS *: Liebherr-Aerospace Toulouse SAS, Liebherr-Aerospace Lindenberg GmbH
Safran Group: Sagem Défense Sécurité*, Messier-Bugatti Dowty, Technofan
Zodiac Group: Zodiac Services Europe SAS*, Aerazur, Intertechnique, ECE, IN-LHC, AVOX Systems, IN-Services SA, Precilec
* Shareholders in OEM Defence Services
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018
- Norway to Use NH90 For Coastguard Missions
- Norwegian Navy tests NH90 helicopter landings on ships in open sea
- NH90 Qatar contract now effective
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE