OEM Defence Services has signed with Eurocopter a five-year maintenance contract covering more than 100 equipment items, including avionics, hydraulics and mechanical systems, installed on all versions of the NH90 helicopter in service worldwide.
The single contract covers through-life support services for the equipment and systems manufactured by five major players in the aerospace sector that are shareholders in OEM Defence Services: Diehl Aerospace, Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation, Safran, Thales and Zodiac.
Through this new agreement, which is based on a shared-services model with contractual commitments on performance levels and costs, OEM Defence Services is helping to drive the process of simplification of onboard equipment maintenance and improve the overall performance of through-life support for the NH90 fleet.
OEM Defence Services draws on the best-in-class industrial capabilities of its shareholders and partners to propose a collaborative, service-oriented model with innovative solutions that leverage synergies to adapt to the needs of customers.
With the conclusion of this contract, Eurocopter and OEM Defence Services deploy an optimised model of industrial cooperation that will improve the operational efficiency of NH90 customers and help to control their through-life support budgets.
About OEM Defence Services:
OEM Defence Services provides through-life support services for a broad range of aeronautical equipment developed and manufactured by the following OEMs:
Diehl Aerospace GmbH *
Liebherr-Aerospace & Transporation SAS *: Liebherr-Aerospace Toulouse SAS, Liebherr-Aerospace Lindenberg GmbH
Safran Group: Sagem Défense Sécurité*, Messier-Bugatti Dowty, Technofan
Zodiac Group: Zodiac Services Europe SAS*, Aerazur, Intertechnique, ECE, IN-LHC, AVOX Systems, IN-Services SA, Precilec
* Shareholders in OEM Defence Services
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Qatar NH90 helicopter programme marks major milestone with first flights
- Leonardo’s acoustic sub hunter technology adds dipping sonar in new demo
- Indra delivers the second NH90 simulator to the Spanish Armed Forces
- Bundeswehr orders 31 NH90 for shipborne operations
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- First NH90 delivered to the Spanish Air Force for SAR missions
- France signs contract for upgraded NH90 TTH for Special Forces
- Royal Netherlands Air Force sends replacement NH90 to Curacao
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces