L-3 Aviation Products (AP) announced today that AgustaWestland is now offering the Trilogy Electronic Standby Instrument (ESI) aboard the AW119 production helicopter. Both the commercial and military variants of the AW119 will offer the Trilogy ESI.
The Trilogy ESI-2000 is an advanced, solid-state standby instrument that makes the all-glass cockpit possible, replacing the three analog standbys that normally accompany glass avionics. Trilogy provides attitude, altitude, airspeed and optional heading data on a clear, 3.7-inch digital screen. By presenting flight information in an easy-to-scan layout that mirrors the primary displays, the instrument facilitates a quick transition to backup flight information in an emergency, while reducing weight and saving panel space.
“Built to Level A standards, the Trilogy ESI is well-suited for the demanding environments of the AW119 helicopter,” said Ralph DeMarco, vice president of sales and marketing for L-3 Aviation Products. “As helicopter manufacturers migrate to all-glass cockpits, our versatile line of electronic standby systems will continue to gain in popularity.”
Emergency operation of the Trilogy ESI is achieved through the use of high-energy density lithium-ion battery technology. Favorable self-discharge characteristics allow the battery to maintain a charge over long periods of disuse with little to no energy loss, while its excellent power-to-weight ratio provides high output with minimal added mass. Following emergency use, the battery is recharged by the aircraft’s electrical system with no need for removal or inspection. Its maximum capacity is monitored by the ESI computer, which notifies the pilot when replacement is necessary.
The Trilogy ESI leverages L-3 Avionics Systems’ vast experience with advanced solid-state technology, which has made the company a leader in electronic standby instrument systems for high-end aircraft. The Trilogy instruments bring this expertise to the general aviation market.
L-3 Aviation Products (AP) is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L-3 AP manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that sets the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors. L-3 AP also offers aftermarket services, including MRO and integrated performance-based logistics for military and commercial systems. To learn more about L-3 Aviation Products, please visit www.L-3com.com/aviationproducts.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, platform and logistics solutions, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2012 sales of $13.1 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard
- Life Link III awarded re-accreditation by CAMTS