HeliAir Sweden announced that the company will be adding an UH-1H Huey to its fleet. The aircraft has been flown to the company’s main base in Västerås, and it will now be incorporated in the fleet. The helicopter is replacing the Hughes 500 SE-JGE, which has recently been sold by the company.
This new Huey is a well-known military veteran that spent several years in the US armed forces before it was civilized. It was later transferred to Spain and eventually ended up in Sweden, purchased by Skyline Helikopter in 2005. It was soon incorporated in Osterman Helicopter’s fleet, and flew for the company for seven years before Osterman Helicopter went bankrupt in September 2012. The 14 000-hour helicopter has been offered for sale since the bankruptcy, and it has been stored in Karlskoga.
The Huey joins a fleet of 12 helicopters, consisting of Bell 206s, MD500s and AS350s.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors
- Arista wins five year $111M extension to UH-1 maintenance contract
- FAA certifies new Bell 204/205/UH-1 blades from HTC
- 18-Oct-19 TI-AZM Bell UH-1H Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Japan donates UH-1 spares to Philippine Air Force
- 08-Mar-19 N64RA Bell UH-1B Olympic Peninsula, US-Washington (1F)
- 26-Nov-18 Bell UH-1 Sancaktepe, Turkey (4F)
- Marines’ Self-Flying Helicopter Kit a Finalist for Top Aviation Award
- Collier County Florida buys firefighter UH-1
- FAA certifies optionally-piloted UH1H
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- DCS Corp awarded $208M contract for Services to Naval aircraft
- ACS expands for growth in rotor blade repair volume
- Travis County to sell UH-1 and replace EC145s
- UH1OPS.com adds Transupport as new sponsor
- Arista awarded 5 year IDIQ contract
- 23-May-17 Bell UH-1 Naccache, Lebanon
- 04-May-17 Bell UH-1D Tanay, Philippines (3F)
- Mint Turbines sponsor T53 Maintenance Page on UH1 Operators Website
- Full Restoration for Vietnam War Era Huey
- HTC makes Metal Main Blades available for Bell 204, 205, UH-1