Utility operator, Wood Buffalo Helicopters has taken delivery of an AS350 B3e. The new aircraft is part of a fleet renewal and will join their existing fleet of Eurocopter aircraft, which includes 5 AS350 B2’s and 2 EC120’s.
“Acquisition of the AS350 B3e is an investment in the continued security and efficiency of our utility operations,” said Mr. Michael Morin. President, Wood Buffalo Helicopters. “The AS350 B3e will deliver true multi-mission functionality and reliability for our customer base.”
With over 25 years of experience in Northeastern Alberta, Wood Buffalo Helicopters has extensive knowledge of the area and provides a wide variety of utility and transport operations. The AS350 B3e will support numerous missions including; Onshore Oil and Gas field operations, Surveying and Patrol, Environmental and Wildlife Surveys as well as, Forest Protection and Fire-fighting.
“The delivery of the AS350 B3e, Wood Buffalo’s sixth AS350 aircraft, is a testament to the Ecureuil family and its exceptional reputation for safely supporting utility operations across Canada,” said Guy Joannes, President & CEO, Eurocopter Canada Limited. “The AS350 B3e’s exceptional lifting capability, high endurance, extended range and fast cruise speed make it a perfect fit for Wood Buffalo.”
The AS350 B3e has been customized with a variety of Eurocopter designed optional equipment for safe and capable utility operations, including; Right-hand Squirrel Cheek, Aft Cargo Forward Opening Kit, Longline Release/Driptorch Plug 50 A with Pilot Cyclic Control, Cargo Mirror, Longlining Enlarged Floor Window, Fuel Filter and Dual Hydraulics. For added comfort, the aircraft has been equipped with an IFS Air Conditioning System.
Additional options on the aircraft include; Cargo Swing with Fuel Drain Guard, Dual Controls as well as, Oil and Sand Filters.
The powerful AS350 B3e is reliable, comfortable, safe and cost-effective. With its power, capacity, and maneuverability, the AS350 B3e is always prepared to take on the most rigorous hot and high missions and sling work (external load capability is 3,086 lb. / 1,400 kg). The powerful Arriel 2D engine offers state-of-the-art technology for simplified maintenance and low operating costs.
The AS350 B3e cockpit is fitted with a dual LCD-screen Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display
(VEMD), allowing the pilot to easily check the main vehicle and engine parameters. The dual-channel Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) generation is backed-up with one independent control system. Both features enhance safety and decrease the pilot’s workload, perfect for enhanced utility operations.
About Wood Buffalo Helicopters
Wood Buffalo Helicopters operates a fleet of light & medium helicopters, from their main base in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Wood Buffalo has created a Safety Management System (SMS) which covers the entire scope of their operation, which includes; Helicopter Tours, Oil & Gas Field Support, Surveying & Patrol, Environment & Wildlife as well as, Forest Protection & Fire-fighting. Wood Buffalo Helicopters is an Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO), holding Transport Canada certification.
About ECL & Eurocopter Group
Eurocopter Canada Limited (www.eurocopter.ca) is a subsidiary of Eurocopter. Eurocopter Canada based in Fort Erie, Ontario since 1984, has additional operations in Richmond, British Columbia and Montreal, Quebec and a support and customer service network that spans the entire country. Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 22,000 people. In 2012, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s No. 1 helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 6.3 billion Euros, orders for 469 new helicopters and a 44 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports more than 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,780 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 148 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase
- Airbus and Swiss Rotor Solutions promoting use of Maximum Pilot View Kit
- StandardAero expands AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank into European Market
- LORD Corporation Announces New AS350 Tail Rotor Bearing
- 27-Feb-19 9M-AMI Airbus H125 Pathibhara, Nepal (7F)
- 18-Feb-19 N350ST Airbus AS350SD2 Glacier View, US-Alaska
- 17-Feb-19 ZK-HEX Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- 29-Jan-19 N680DG Airbus AS350B2 Tampa, US-Florida
- 25-Jan-19 I-EDIC Airbus AS350B2 La Thuile, Italy (7F)
- 24-Jan-19 F-OFML Airbus H125 Grand-Brûlé, Reunion
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)