Established in Mallorca since 1995, Sloane Helicopters has made an exciting decision to base a four-seater Robinson R44 aircraft in Ibiza for various dates throughout summer 2013. Flying in and out of Ibiza Airport, the Company will offer heli-sightseeing trips and a platform for aerial photography.
Chief Pilot, Jonny Greenall, says, “We’ve enjoyed a fabulous 18 years in Mallorca as the leading commercially licensed helicopter Company offering sightseeing tours and pilot training, but now we want to give Ibiza the attention it deserves. Previously we’ve handled clients in Ibiza from our Mallorca base, therefore having to charge a delivery fee on top of the cost of the trip itself. This summer, those delivery fees will be waived for the dates we’re based in Ibiza – a huge cost saving. There’s enormous appetite for helicopter sightseeing trips on this White Island and at Sloane Helicopters we anticipate a busy summer.”
Employing a team of three skilled full-time pilots, Sloane Helicopters operates a fleet of five helicopters, all of which are the Robinson R44 – the world’s most popular helicopter. Fast, manoeuvrable and stylish, the three-passenger-plus-pilot R44s can be flown in formation to handle half a dozen guests (undoubtedly taking photos of each other along the way) and the route is entirely up to them.
The R44 can skim low over the turquoise waters off Formentera, soar high over the mystical 380m high island of Es Vedra, skirt the ‘beautiful people’ hangouts of Cala Jondal and Playa d’en Bossa, survey pretty inland countryside villages and circle Ibiza’s stunning Old Town – a fortified acropolis and UNESCO World Heritage site. Clients could also evaluate a piece of real estate they have their eye on and enlist the services of a professional photographer to capture the lie of the land.
Sloane Helicopters is offering 30 minute and one hour tours from the private terminal at Ibiza Airport. Prices are 499 euros and 799 euros respectively – and that’s for the whole trip, not per person, regardless of whether one, two or three passengers are onboard. The cost includes landing charges, airport taxes, 21% IVA (VAT) and is from rotor start to rotor stop. Ad-hoc charter (such as hotel and restaurant transfers) are available where safe landing is possible, as are longer tours (sunrise to sunset only), training courses and gift vouchers.
For a list of Sloane Helicopters’ Ibiza dates and for more information, please contact info(at)sloanemallorca(dot)com or call 00 34 971 794 132. http://www.sloanemallorca.com.
- FAA approves updated STC for EIT Avionics radalt interface on R44
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Six Robinson Helicopters Delivered to China
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 13-Dec-19 N440AH Robinson R44 San Antonio, US-Texas
- AirX starts new link between Tokyo Heliport and Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25-Oct-19 ZT-RAL Robinson R44 Sinoville, South Africa
- 23-Oct-19 N225JM Robinson R44 Las Vegas, US-Nevada (2F)
- 21-Oct-19 UR-KTB Robinson R44 Tarasenkove, Ukraine (1F)
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training
- 15-Jul-19 N144TG Robinson R44 II Hayward, US-California (1F)
- 17-Jun-19 N7187D Robinson R44 Catalina Island, US-California (1F)
- 02-Jun-19 N41351 Robinson R44 II near Mulberry Mountain, US-Arkansas (3F)
- 17-May-19 N744TW Robinson R44 II Alpine, US-Utah (2F)
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- 29-Apr-19 N808NV Robinson R44 Kawainui, US-Hawaii (3F)
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award