Latitude Technologies continues to push forward expanding the company’s portfolio of IONode™ Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) system STCs, announcing the addition of a Transport Canada STC for the IONode ION100 advanced data acquisition unit for Bell medium helicopters including the Bell 204, 205, 212, 214, and 412 model types. This is the first IONode standalone STC for Part 29 Transport Category rotorcraft, following on Latitude’s earlier success in securing STCs for Part 23, Part 25 and Part 27 aircraft categories for IONode FDM installations done in combination with SkyNode® transceivers.
Mark Insley, Latitude Technologies President, expressed great pleasure at achieving the IONode STC for Bell mediums.
“The 212 STC is another important step in our product certification goals and it certainly facilitates the growing number of valued fleet customers with Bell medium helicopters that are looking forward to getting comprehensive and reliable FDM systems installed on their ships to gather and process flight data for maintenance, flight safety, and other operational requirements.” Insley added, “We expect to be announcing IONode certifications for more aircraft types shortly.”.
In conclusion, Insley reinforced Latitude’s position in the FDM and Satcom sector. “Latitude is gaining worldwide recognition as the industry leader in automated, adaptable, and cost-affordable flight data information solutions. Timely retrieval of FDM and ECTM data anytime, for any aircraft type anywhere, including a wide range of reporting and analytics service options is what the IONode system is all about. We believe our customer’s investment in safety should also include tools that optimize a wider scope of operational tasks. That’s good business.”
About Latitude Technologies
Latitude Technologies Corp., headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, is a vertically integrated manufacturer and provider of flight data, flight following, and satellite communications equipment and services. Latitude’s SkyNode® products are the most versatile and economical-to-operate aeronautical communication devices in the world. The company’s IONode is the industry’s first lightweight flight data recorder and advanced data acquisition unit, capable of real-time event and exceedance alerts and automated post-flight wireless data transfer. SkyNode and IONode STCs are available for hundreds of airframes. Latitude provides reliable and secure aviation data and communication options for crew safety, fleet logistics, and operations and maintenance efficiency with WebSentinel flight data management platform for desktops, dispatch centers, and mobile devices. For more information about Latitude’s flight data and satcom solutions, visit www.latitudetech.com or call 1-888-966-5599.
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System