Latitude Technologies continues to push forward expanding the company’s portfolio of IONode™ Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) system STCs, announcing the addition of a Transport Canada STC for the IONode ION100 advanced data acquisition unit for Bell medium helicopters including the Bell 204, 205, 212, 214, and 412 model types. This is the first IONode standalone STC for Part 29 Transport Category rotorcraft, following on Latitude’s earlier success in securing STCs for Part 23, Part 25 and Part 27 aircraft categories for IONode FDM installations done in combination with SkyNode® transceivers.
Mark Insley, Latitude Technologies President, expressed great pleasure at achieving the IONode STC for Bell mediums.
“The 212 STC is another important step in our product certification goals and it certainly facilitates the growing number of valued fleet customers with Bell medium helicopters that are looking forward to getting comprehensive and reliable FDM systems installed on their ships to gather and process flight data for maintenance, flight safety, and other operational requirements.” Insley added, “We expect to be announcing IONode certifications for more aircraft types shortly.”.
In conclusion, Insley reinforced Latitude’s position in the FDM and Satcom sector. “Latitude is gaining worldwide recognition as the industry leader in automated, adaptable, and cost-affordable flight data information solutions. Timely retrieval of FDM and ECTM data anytime, for any aircraft type anywhere, including a wide range of reporting and analytics service options is what the IONode system is all about. We believe our customer’s investment in safety should also include tools that optimize a wider scope of operational tasks. That’s good business.”
About Latitude Technologies
Latitude Technologies Corp., headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, is a vertically integrated manufacturer and provider of flight data, flight following, and satellite communications equipment and services. Latitude’s SkyNode® products are the most versatile and economical-to-operate aeronautical communication devices in the world. The company’s IONode is the industry’s first lightweight flight data recorder and advanced data acquisition unit, capable of real-time event and exceedance alerts and automated post-flight wireless data transfer. SkyNode and IONode STCs are available for hundreds of airframes. Latitude provides reliable and secure aviation data and communication options for crew safety, fleet logistics, and operations and maintenance efficiency with WebSentinel flight data management platform for desktops, dispatch centers, and mobile devices. For more information about Latitude’s flight data and satcom solutions, visit www.latitudetech.com or call 1-888-966-5599.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work