Helicopter Specialties, Inc. (HSI) of Janesville, Wis., in partnership with Enstrom Helicopter Corporation of Menominee, Mich., has delivered two Enstrom 480B training helicopters to Aero Facility Co. Ltd. of Tokyo, Japan. The aircraft are destined for the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF) and are part of a total order of 28 helicopters to be equipped by Helicopter Specialties with Tactical Air Navigation equipment (TACAN) for the JGSDF.
On Thursday, June 20, 2013, Mitsuo Hattori and Hisashi Kayanuma of Aero Facility Co. Ltd. conducted acceptance flights of both aircraft from HSI facilities at the Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport near Janesville. Both 480B helicopters were delivered to HSI new from the Enstrom factory several weeks prior for final outfitting of electronics and flight testing. The aircraft will now be shipped to Japan to join the JGSDF fleet. Helicopter Specialties, Inc. will equip the remainder of the JGSDF order at the rate of two aircraft per month as they are produced by Enstrom Helicopter Corporation.
Helicopter Specialties, Inc. is an FAA Certified Repair Station for Enstrom, Bell, Eurocopter, Agusta, MD and Robinson helicopters and specializes in medical interiors, heavy maintenance, specialized component engineering and painting for helicopters of all types. Established in 2000, HSI occupies two state-of-the-art hangars at Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport. Visit www.helicopterspecialties.net for more information.
- 10-Oct-20 N899RT Enstrom 480B Putnam, US-Connecticut
- 250th Enstrom 480 produced as manufacturer welcomes French dealer
- Royal Thai Army prepares for more Enstrom 480Bs
- Enstrom Obtains Certification of Garmin® GTN 750
- 22-Mar-19 OK-CLV Enstrom 480 Slavoňov, Czech Republic (2F)
- Six more Enstrom 480s for Thailand
- Enstrom 480B receives Canadian certification
- New Zealand certifies current Enstrom models
- New 480B to South Africa
- Enstrom certifies Appareo Vision 1000
- LOM PRAHA TRADE a.s. and Enstrom Helicopter sign Contract
- 10-May-17 N480W Enstrom 480 Pfunders, Italy (1F)
- Enstrom Delivers 480B to Sharkeys Helicopter
- Enstrom signs new 5-year agreement for M250 engines
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- 09-Sep-15 G-IGHH Enstrom 280 Aldbury, UK
- Enstrom delivers last of 30 480Bs to Japanese Ground Self Defense Force
- Enstrom Delivers First 480B-G
- FAA approves Enstrom 480B-G – the Garmin G1000H equipped 480
- Enstrom Adds Dealers, Continues Innovation