The Night Vision Awards selection committee released the names of the 2013 Night Vision Award recipients for the award show at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association Annual Convention in Orlando, Florida.
The 5- Year Service Award, 10- Year Service Award, Community Awareness Award, and the Mark of Excellence Awards will be presented to award recipients at a ceremony from 4:30 to 6:30, Thursday, July 18, at the Peabody Hotel Ballroom T, across from the Orange County Convention Center.
The 5- Year Service award is presented to a Unit/Company that has successfully flown with Night Vision Goggles for a period of five years. The recipients of this award include the Dekalb County Police Department of Tucker, Ga.; the Kern County Sheriff’s Office of Bakersfield, Calif.; the Minnesota State Patrol of St. Paul, Minn.; and the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office of Sarasota, Florida.
The 10- Year Service award is given to a Unit/Company that has successfully flown with Night Vision Goggles for a period of ten years. The recipients for this award include the City of Albuquerque Air Support Unit of Albuquerque, N.M.; the Martin County Sheriff’s Office of Stuart, Florida; and the Tucson Police Air Support Unit of Tucson, Ariz.
The Community Awareness Award is given to a Unit/Company that has demonstrated proven leadership and pioneering Night Vision Goggle flights in their community. This award is given to those who raise awareness about the need for Night Vision Goggles, help other organizations obtain Night Vision Goggles or work to bring goggles to their own fleet to enhance safety in their community. The recipient of the award this year is the Minnesota State Patrol of St. Paul, Minn.
The Mark of Excellence Award recognizes a Unit/Company that signifies dedication to quality and excellence in their operation. This year’s recipient is the Dekalb County Police Department of Tucker, Ga.
The Night Vision Award Sponsors, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Night Flight Concepts, Vertical Magazine, and RotorCraft Pro invites ALEA attendees to join them at the Peabody Hotel in Ballroom T for the award ceremony.
About the Night Vision Awards
Nominations are accepted year round. Any flight operation using any Night Vision systems is eligible for consideration. Award nomination packets can be downloaded or filled out at http://www.nightvisionawards.com. A full list of previous winners and award description can be found on the website also.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf