The Night Vision Awards selection committee released the names of the 2013 Night Vision Award recipients for the award show at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association Annual Convention in Orlando, Florida.
The 5- Year Service Award, 10- Year Service Award, Community Awareness Award, and the Mark of Excellence Awards will be presented to award recipients at a ceremony from 4:30 to 6:30, Thursday, July 18, at the Peabody Hotel Ballroom T, across from the Orange County Convention Center.
The 5- Year Service award is presented to a Unit/Company that has successfully flown with Night Vision Goggles for a period of five years. The recipients of this award include the Dekalb County Police Department of Tucker, Ga.; the Kern County Sheriff’s Office of Bakersfield, Calif.; the Minnesota State Patrol of St. Paul, Minn.; and the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office of Sarasota, Florida.
The 10- Year Service award is given to a Unit/Company that has successfully flown with Night Vision Goggles for a period of ten years. The recipients for this award include the City of Albuquerque Air Support Unit of Albuquerque, N.M.; the Martin County Sheriff’s Office of Stuart, Florida; and the Tucson Police Air Support Unit of Tucson, Ariz.
The Community Awareness Award is given to a Unit/Company that has demonstrated proven leadership and pioneering Night Vision Goggle flights in their community. This award is given to those who raise awareness about the need for Night Vision Goggles, help other organizations obtain Night Vision Goggles or work to bring goggles to their own fleet to enhance safety in their community. The recipient of the award this year is the Minnesota State Patrol of St. Paul, Minn.
The Mark of Excellence Award recognizes a Unit/Company that signifies dedication to quality and excellence in their operation. This year’s recipient is the Dekalb County Police Department of Tucker, Ga.
The Night Vision Award Sponsors, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Night Flight Concepts, Vertical Magazine, and RotorCraft Pro invites ALEA attendees to join them at the Peabody Hotel in Ballroom T for the award ceremony.
About the Night Vision Awards
Nominations are accepted year round. Any flight operation using any Night Vision systems is eligible for consideration. Award nomination packets can be downloaded or filled out at http://www.nightvisionawards.com. A full list of previous winners and award description can be found on the website also.
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1
- WR-ALC completes first TH-1H proof-of-concept overhaul
- New FreeFlight ADS-B receiver reduces reliance on ground, radar stations
- 50+ North Sea workers isolating after rig flights
- NHV to increase hangarage at Aberdeen
- Full Ice clearance for AW169 delayed by COVID19
- Air Methods chooses Airbus HCare to support its fleet of 31 EC145 helicopters
- Abaco wins cabin computer contract with helicopter OEM
- Change of date for EASA Rotorcraft and VTOL Symposium 2020
- Foreign Military Sale to Romania for Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Romania of Naval Strike Missile (NSM) Coastal Defense Systems (CDS)
- Devon Air Ambulance is targeted by bright lights
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 16 Oct 20