The Night Vision Awards selection committee released the names of the 2013 Night Vision Award recipients for the award show at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association Annual Convention in Orlando, Florida.
The 5- Year Service Award, 10- Year Service Award, Community Awareness Award, and the Mark of Excellence Awards will be presented to award recipients at a ceremony from 4:30 to 6:30, Thursday, July 18, at the Peabody Hotel Ballroom T, across from the Orange County Convention Center.
The 5- Year Service award is presented to a Unit/Company that has successfully flown with Night Vision Goggles for a period of five years. The recipients of this award include the Dekalb County Police Department of Tucker, Ga.; the Kern County Sheriff’s Office of Bakersfield, Calif.; the Minnesota State Patrol of St. Paul, Minn.; and the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office of Sarasota, Florida.
The 10- Year Service award is given to a Unit/Company that has successfully flown with Night Vision Goggles for a period of ten years. The recipients for this award include the City of Albuquerque Air Support Unit of Albuquerque, N.M.; the Martin County Sheriff’s Office of Stuart, Florida; and the Tucson Police Air Support Unit of Tucson, Ariz.
The Community Awareness Award is given to a Unit/Company that has demonstrated proven leadership and pioneering Night Vision Goggle flights in their community. This award is given to those who raise awareness about the need for Night Vision Goggles, help other organizations obtain Night Vision Goggles or work to bring goggles to their own fleet to enhance safety in their community. The recipient of the award this year is the Minnesota State Patrol of St. Paul, Minn.
The Mark of Excellence Award recognizes a Unit/Company that signifies dedication to quality and excellence in their operation. This year’s recipient is the Dekalb County Police Department of Tucker, Ga.
The Night Vision Award Sponsors, Aviation Specialties Unlimited, Night Flight Concepts, Vertical Magazine, and RotorCraft Pro invites ALEA attendees to join them at the Peabody Hotel in Ballroom T for the award ceremony.
About the Night Vision Awards
Nominations are accepted year round. Any flight operation using any Night Vision systems is eligible for consideration. Award nomination packets can be downloaded or filled out at http://www.nightvisionawards.com. A full list of previous winners and award description can be found on the website also.
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics