American Eurocopter has teamed up with the Los Angeles Police Department Air Support Division in an unprecedented training program to enhance the safety and efficiency of the LAPD helicopter flight operations.
As part of its ongoing customer support commitment American Eurocopter will recognize the LAPD Air Support Division at the Airborne Law Enforcement Association’s 43rd Annual Conference & Exposition in Orlando.
In December 2012 the LAPD began sending its 50-plus pilots to American Eurocopter in Grand Prairie for intensive training in the company’s AS350 flight simulator. The simulator training has provided LAPD with low cost, highly realistic training.
“The LAPD Air Support Division has taken a leadership role in training its flight crews to operate helicopters in the safest and most effective manner, while reducing costs and, most importantly, saving lives,” said Peter Henrikson, American Eurocopter’s Manager of Sales for Training Services. “This is a model training program for law enforcement agencies.”
The training curriculum focuses heavily on safety of flight operations including the sudden onset of bad weather (Inadvertent Instrument Meteorological Conditions – IIMC) and controlled flight into terrain. Training in the simulators enables pilots to recognize potentially hazardous flight situations and respond to them appropriately.
“This training has changed the way we do business,” said Sgt. Jorge Gonzalez of the LAPD Air Support Division.
The LAPD Air Support Division is also using American Eurocopter’s Online Recurrency Course that allows its pilots to perform their ground school work from the convenience of a computer. This online course is available to all operators the fly the AS350B2.
“For customers that can’t come to our facility in Grand Prairie we can still provide factory training through the online recurrency course,” Henrikson said.
American Eurocopter will have aircraft on display and representatives available to explain the company’s services at Booth 181 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association Conference in Orlando July 17-20.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defense and related services. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin aircraft, serving all markets and missions. American Eurocopter’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Genesys Aerosystems’ EFIS Now Certified on Airbus AS350/355
- 08-Nov-20 TG-GEA Airbus AS350B3 Alta Verapaz, Guatemala
- 26-Oct-20 N530H Airbus AS350B3 Arenas Valley, NM
- Entrol launches the H05 / H125 FNPT II simulator
- Astronics Enhanced Vision Systems Receives Approval for AS350s
- 13-Sep-20 PP-MRA Airbus AS350 Arapiraca, Brazil
- GPMS wins STC for Foresight Predictive HUMS on AS350
- 06-Sep-20 N354PA Airbus AS350B2 Fort Greely, US-Alaska
- 01-Sep-20 N139HN Airbus EC130 Winchester, US-Kentucky
- 25-Aug-20 N160SH Airbus AS350B2 Tuxedni Bay, US-Alaska
- GPMS launches subscription-model HUMS
- Saudi operator orders ten Airbus H125s
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350B2 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 17-Aug-20 C-FAHC Airbus AS350 Stewart, Canada (1F)
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Sacré-Coeur, Canada
- 12-Aug-20 C-GNZF Airbus AS350B2 Les Bergeronne, Canada
- 04-Aug-20 TG-PME Airbus AS350 Chisec, Guatemala (1F)
- 31-Jul-20 CC-DAM Airbus AS350B3 Santiago, Chile