American Eurocopter is pleased to announce the purchase of two Eurocopter EC120 helicopters by the San Antonio Police Department as part of an upgrade to their fleet of patrol helicopters.
The agency currently operates one Eurocopter AS350B3 for use in fire-fighting, search and rescue and other special missions. The agency is eventually moving to an all-Eurocopter fleet. Both helicopters will be delivered to the San Antonio Police Department in early 2014.
The decision to acquire the EC120s was reached after an extensive selection progress. “We were looking for a quality product that will support our missions to serve and protect the city’s residents,” said Sgt. David Torres of the San Antonio Police Department Blue Eagle Helicopter Unit. “We have good experience with the AS350B3 we have had since 2007. American Eurocopter has supported us very well.
The EC120 offers a high-technology, low-cost solution and is the best-selling, light single-engine turbine helicopter in the law enforcement market for the past 10 years. It can be custom equipped to specific law enforcement agency requirements.
“The EC120 is the ideal choice for agencies that are replacing legacy aircraft to conduct law enforcement patrol missions,” said Ed Van Winkle, American Eurocopter’s Sales Manager for Airborne Law Enforcement. “It offers the most modern design and advanced technology of any other aircraft in its class, featuring the Vehicle and Engine Multifunction Display (VEMD) and Fenestron® anti-torque system.”
For municipal law enforcement agencies, the Fenestron® provides quiet operation, which minimizes noise complaints while increasing the ability for helicopters to arrive at in-progress calls virtually undetected. With technology that has continued to develop since introduced the Fenestron® also provides significant tail rotor authority and lower maintenance requirements than conventional tail rotors.
American Eurocopter leads in sales of new helicopters to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, maintaining a 56 percent market share over the last decade with a product line that has become the industry standard. Operators cite reliability, versatility and cost effectiveness as key factors in choosing Eurocopter helicopters.
American Eurocopter will have aircraft on display and representatives available to explain the company’s products and services at Booth 181 during the Airborne Law Enforcement Association Conference in Orlando July 17-20.
About American Eurocopter
American Eurocopter is the U.S. affiliate of Eurocopter, the largest helicopter manufacturer in the world, and a subsidiary of EADS North America Holdings, the North American operations of EADS, a world leader in aerospace, defense and related services. American Eurocopter is a helicopter manufacturer and markets, sells and supports the broadest range of civil and parapublic helicopters offered by any manufacturer. The product line represents the most cost-effective, technologically-advanced helicopters, ranging from light single to heavy twin aircraft, serving all markets and missions. American Eurocopter’s headquarters and main facility are in Grand Prairie, with a large manufacturing and production facility in Columbus, Miss.
- 22-Nov-18 N124ML Airbus H120 La Romana, Dominican Republic (5F)
- Albuquerque Police look to replace EC120
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- 21-Mar-18 VH-WII Airbus EC120 Hardy Reef, Australia (2F)
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- San Jose City Council approves Airbus H125 to replace H120
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Baltimore Mayor proposes cutting one of four Police EC120s
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- Swedish Government resumes state-funded pilot training
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- JSSI Enrolls HeliAir Sweden Fleet
- HeliAir Sweden Replaces MD500s with EC120B
- New Thermal Imaging Camera funded by Winnipeg Police
- Helisota adds Airbus Helicopters to its EASA Part 145 capabilities
- Genesys Aerosystems aims for FAA STC for EC120 HeliSAS and Two-Axis Autopilot