Step Change in Safety member company CHC Helicopter opened the door to their Aberdeen operations on Saturday, 14 July, providing 250 oil-and-gas offshore workers and family members with an up-close look at the people, aircraft and safety processes behind CHC’s helicopter services.
The long-planned event beneficially coincided with recent EASA and U.K. CAA regulatory actions that will enable EC225 aircraft to soon resume overwater service. According to CHC, the open day was designed for passengers and their loved ones to meet and interact with the company’s pilots and engineers, and to tour its terminal and hangar. Visitors had the chance to board an S92 aircraft, peek into the cockpit and understand what is involved with preparing to fly on a helicopter.
The BBC’s report on CHC’s open day can be viewed here.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s