Step Change in Safety member company CHC Helicopter opened the door to their Aberdeen operations on Saturday, 14 July, providing 250 oil-and-gas offshore workers and family members with an up-close look at the people, aircraft and safety processes behind CHC’s helicopter services.
The long-planned event beneficially coincided with recent EASA and U.K. CAA regulatory actions that will enable EC225 aircraft to soon resume overwater service. According to CHC, the open day was designed for passengers and their loved ones to meet and interact with the company’s pilots and engineers, and to tour its terminal and hangar. Visitors had the chance to board an S92 aircraft, peek into the cockpit and understand what is involved with preparing to fly on a helicopter.
The BBC’s report on CHC’s open day can be viewed here.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award