EagleMed LLC has begun air medical service operations in Cody, Wyo., for West Park Hospital, a primary, full-service medical center serving communities throughout Wyoming’s Big Horn Basin. EagleMed is the preferred air medical services provider for the Wyoming hospital.
When fully staffed, the base will have approximately 15 EagleMed flight, medical, management and ground support personnel. EagleMed’s new Cody base operates a new medically configured Eurocopter AS350 B3 helicopter. The Eurocopter AS350 B3 is designed for high-altitude terrain with a mission range of 180 nautical miles and a cruising speed of 138 mph. It can carry patients who are up to 400 pounds and 6’4″ inches tall.
Operates in Nine States
“As we grow, EagleMed is pleased to add another base to our service area that now includes 27 locations in nine states,” said EagleMed President Larry Bugg. “To date, Cody is the furthest west community that we serve, but we are continually looking for other communities where the citizens require life-saving critical care air medical transport services.”
EagleMed pilots and staff undergo extensive aviation and rigorous safety training. EagleMed medical crews consist of a registered nurse and a paramedic with advanced clinical certifications. EagleMed’s clinical staff maintains the highest level of continuing education and competencies.
State-of-the-Art Equipment and Safety Focus
EagleMed maintains a fully staffed, technologically advanced, 24-hour communications center in Wichita. The company operates state-of-the-art aircraft equipment and modern, up-to-date clinical equipment. Every rotary-wing crew member has capability with night vision goggles, which are the most proactive safety technology in the industry for night flight.
EagleMed’s senior leadership has a combined 150 years of aviation safety experience. The company’s employees received the 2010 President’s Award for safety from the Association of Air Medical Services, the 2011 Safety Award from the Helicopter Association International, the 2012 Just Culture Best Practices Award from the Commission on Accreditation of Air Medical Transport Services (CAMTS), and National EMS Pilots Association 2012 Pilot of the Year Award.
The company operates CAMTS accredited bases. The company’s locations are in Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas and Wyoming. EagleMed operates a fleet of 15 medically equipped Eurocopter AS350 helicopters and 15 Beechcraft King Air fixed-wing aircraft and has more than 400 highly trained employees.
EagleMed is a membership-supported air ambulance service that is part of the AirMedCare Network. AirMedCare is America’s largest air medical membership network, providing the highest levels of care and access for its 1.5 million members. The AirMedCare Network combines the membership programs of four leading air ambulance operators: EagleMed, REACH, Air Evac Lifeteam and Med-Trans Corporation.
- 12-Apr-20 N160CC Airbus H125 Tampa, US-Florida
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- StandardAero and Robertson Announce First Canadian Customer for AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Ukraine Border Guards receive first two Airbus H125s
- 26-Dec-19 N985SA Airbus AS350B2 Kauai, US-Hawaii (7F)
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- AS350 heating and demisting system improvement
- All change at Soloy with STCs sold and now new owners too
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- 23-Sep-19 VT-UTC Airbus H125 Kedarnath, India
- LA County Sheriff buys a AS350 crash-resistant fuel tank
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- 27-Mar-19 N818MC Airbus AS350B3 Conroe, US-Texas (1F)
- STC Count for AEM’s LSS880 Loudspeaker System Continues to Increase