THE RAF Chinook Display Team repeat last year’s success and returned home with two more awards from the world’s largest military airshow, a grand total of four awards for the team so far this display season.
The team picked up the Sir Douglas Bader Trophy for the Best Individual Flying Display and the Crew Challenge award at the Royal International Military Air Tattoo held at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire. The team also won the award for the Best Overall Display at the Waddington Air Show and Best Rotary Display at Yeovilton Air Show.
Flt Lt Paul Farmer, display Captain for a second consecutive year said, “I’m absolutely blown away. We’ve had a fantastic season so far and this really tops it off. To come home with two more awards has been fantastic and represents all the hard work put in by everyone on the team, including the support elements back at RAF Odiham”.
The impressive display is packed full of high energy manoeuvres which truly demonstrated the capability of this remarkable aircraft and the incredible skill of the crew. The extreme manoeuvrability of the Chinook, due largely to the aircraft’s distinctive tandem rotors, make for a dynamic and sometimes gravity-defying display that never fails to amaze.
The award winning team can be seen again this year at Eastbourne, Bournemouth, Car-fest South and Dunsfold.
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- S.A.F.E. Structure Designs wins $1M CH-47F fall protection platform contract
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Coulson and Unical join forces to form Coulson Unical
- UTC Unveils New Lightweight Ballistic Protection
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Boeing Awarded $199M Contract for H-47 Rotor Blade Support
- Honeywell Awarded $20M Contract for CH-47 Engine Support
- US delivers new Chinook to Turkey despite F-35 problem
- Netherlands signs combined Apache and Chinook sustainment contract with Boeing
- CAE joins Boeing H-47 Chinook team
- Boeing, Rohde & Schwarz Sign Agreement
- Boeing partners with 10 German Aerospace Companies
- Program Executive Office for Aviation group is awarded
- Israel prefers CH-47F to CH-53K
- LifePort Delivers Lightweight Armor Kit for Columbia Helicopters
- Boeing awarded $19M contract for field service representatives for the CH-47
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order
- DynCorp International awarded $8M contract for Maintenance on AH-64, UH-60, CH-47, and OH-58s
- Boeing Awards Components Manufacturing Contract to COTESA