Greenwich AeroGroup announced that it is in the process of forming a dealer network for the installation and certification of LiveAero systems.
LiveAero, developed by LiveTV, LLC of Melbourne, Fla., is the only fixed wing and rotorcraft data broadband solution that works everywhere in the world, including remote, oceanic and polar regions, for passengers requiring smartphone, tablet or laptop connectivity. Based upon the Iridium OpenPort(TM) broadband technology, the system has Wi-Fi enabled, bi-directional data speed of 134 Kbps, but with network optimization, effective speeds of up to 300 kbps can be realized. The system also includes three separate voice lines for calls to be placed anywhere in the world. Connectivity is available in the air or on the ground.
Dealers currently signed include Greenwich AeroGroup’s Atlantic Aero in Greensboro, N.C.; Summit Aviation in Middletown, Del.; and Western Aircraft in Boise, Idaho. Additional dealers include Banyan Air Service in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Spirit Avionics in Columbus, Ohio; and Temple Electronics in Houston, Texas. Jet Aviation has also signed on for its locations in Basel, Switzerland; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and Singapore.
“We are delighted to have these reputable companies join our dealer network,” said Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Greenwich AeroGroup Daniel Lafrance. “These companies will significantly increase our reach while adding major convenience for operators that opt to install the only pole-to-pole cabin voice and Wi-Fi system in the world for rotor and fixed wing aircraft.”
LiveAero certification has already been completed on the Bombardier Challenger 601 3A/3R, 604 and 605 aircraft with additional Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) in process, including the AW-139 and S-76 helicopters. Lafrance added that the LiveAero system will be upgradeable to the Iridium NEXT system currently scheduled to be launched in years 2015 thru 2017.
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; parts distribution and financial services. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, N.C.; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, Del.; DAC International, Inc., located in Austin, Texas; Matrix Aviation, Inc., located in Wichita, Kan.; Professional Aviation Associates, Inc., located in Atlanta, Ga.; Professional Aircraft Accessories, Inc., located in Titusville, Fla.; Aero Precision Industries, located in Livermore, Calif., NASAM, Inc., located in San Francisco, Calif., and GCCUS Inc. located in Aptos, Calif. Additionally, Greenwich AeroGroup owns an interest in Helivia Aero Taxi located in Rio de Janerio. News and information are available at www.greenwichaerogroup.com.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot