Greenwich AeroGroup announced that it is in the process of forming a dealer network for the installation and certification of LiveAero systems.
LiveAero, developed by LiveTV, LLC of Melbourne, Fla., is the only fixed wing and rotorcraft data broadband solution that works everywhere in the world, including remote, oceanic and polar regions, for passengers requiring smartphone, tablet or laptop connectivity. Based upon the Iridium OpenPort(TM) broadband technology, the system has Wi-Fi enabled, bi-directional data speed of 134 Kbps, but with network optimization, effective speeds of up to 300 kbps can be realized. The system also includes three separate voice lines for calls to be placed anywhere in the world. Connectivity is available in the air or on the ground.
Dealers currently signed include Greenwich AeroGroup’s Atlantic Aero in Greensboro, N.C.; Summit Aviation in Middletown, Del.; and Western Aircraft in Boise, Idaho. Additional dealers include Banyan Air Service in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Spirit Avionics in Columbus, Ohio; and Temple Electronics in Houston, Texas. Jet Aviation has also signed on for its locations in Basel, Switzerland; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; and Singapore.
“We are delighted to have these reputable companies join our dealer network,” said Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Greenwich AeroGroup Daniel Lafrance. “These companies will significantly increase our reach while adding major convenience for operators that opt to install the only pole-to-pole cabin voice and Wi-Fi system in the world for rotor and fixed wing aircraft.”
LiveAero certification has already been completed on the Bombardier Challenger 601 3A/3R, 604 and 605 aircraft with additional Supplemental Type Certificates (STC) in process, including the AW-139 and S-76 helicopters. Lafrance added that the LiveAero system will be upgradeable to the Iridium NEXT system currently scheduled to be launched in years 2015 thru 2017.
About Greenwich AeroGroup
Greenwich AeroGroup, Inc., owns and operates providers of general, commercial, government and military aviation services including: maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; fixed base operations; aircraft sales, charter and management; manufacturing and engineering; component repair and overhaul; parts distribution and financial services. Current locations include: Atlantic Aero, Inc., located at Piedmont-Triad International Airport in Greensboro, N.C.; Western Aircraft, Inc., located at Gowen Field in Boise, Idaho; Summit Aviation, Inc., located at Summit Airport in Middletown, Del.; DAC International, Inc., located in Austin, Texas; Matrix Aviation, Inc., located in Wichita, Kan.; Professional Aviation Associates, Inc., located in Atlanta, Ga.; Professional Aircraft Accessories, Inc., located in Titusville, Fla.; Aero Precision Industries, located in Livermore, Calif., NASAM, Inc., located in San Francisco, Calif., and GCCUS Inc. located in Aptos, Calif. Additionally, Greenwich AeroGroup owns an interest in Helivia Aero Taxi located in Rio de Janerio. News and information are available at www.greenwichaerogroup.com.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit