Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) today announced its first-ever direct commercial repair agreement with the Brazilian Air Force in support of their UH-60 BLACK HAWK fleet. Through OEM access, the multi-year contract will streamline support services and will help enhance operational readiness for the H-60 helicopter fleet.
The agreement includes shipment of aircraft components to Sikorsky-approved repair facilities with return transfer to designated Brazilian Air Force bases. SAS is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
“We have a longstanding history with Brazil, and this maintenance contract is another step in forwarding a full portfolio of support services,” said Stephen Bohlman, SAS Director, Global Service & Support.
“Separately, SAS entered into an agreement to establish in-country warehousing of spare parts in support of Brazil’scommercial operators, and we look forward to continuing to expand our mutual relationship,” Bohlman said.
The Brazilian Air Force purchased Sikorsky’s legacy BLACK HAWK helicopters through the U.S. government’s Foreign Military Sales (FMS) channel. The maintenance agreement will expedite repairs to airframe and engine components, gearboxes, hydraulics, and landing gears.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky company, provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing operators around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications, and life-cycle management. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- Simplex awarded FAA certification for Internal Fire Attack System
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Rockwell Collins Awarded $49M Contract for UH-60 Display Unit Overhaul
- AAI Corp. Awarded $20M Contract for JSECST for CV-22, UH-47 and UH-60
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Coulson and Unical Join Forces to form Coulson Unical
- US Army selects GE’s T901 engine
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Polish Police recieve two S70i Black Hawks
- Fort McCoy celebrates 40 years of the Black Hawk
- CPI Aero wins UH-60 Hover Infrared Suppression System order
- Sikorsky Awarded $29M Contract for UH-60 Support
- Sikorsky Awarded $61M Contract for UH-60 Repairs
- General Electric awarded $18M contract for UH-60 pipe exhausts
- US State Department to possibly sell UH-60 Black Hawks to Latvia
- Meggitt awarded five year fuel cell contract
- First Afghan UH-60 pilots graduate
- Honeywell Certified To Bring Wi-Fi To Helicopters
- Parker Hannifin awarded $96M contract for UH-60 Upgrades