L-3 WESCAM announced today that it has received an acquisition and sustainment contract from the Danish Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organization (DALO) to provide a minimum of eight MXTM-15 electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems for the Royal Danish Air Force’s (RDAF) EH101® aircraft. System deliveries are expected to be complete by 2014.
Installation of the turrets will be done by DALO, while certification and configuration management will be provided by AgustaWestland. The newly equipped EH101s will then be deployed to the RDAF’s 722 Squadron in support of RDAF Tactical Troop Transport (TTT) operations, training exercises within Denmark and possible future use in mission theatres globally. Maintenance of the MX-15 systems will be performed by DALO at its existing maintenance facility in Frederikshavn, Denmark.
“This order pairs the most modern TTT helicopter with an advanced EO/IR sensor suite that provides crucial day/night imaging capabilities for a broad range of missions,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “We are proud to be selected as a contributor to this important fleet enhancement program and are looking forward to a long and successful partnership with the RDAF, DALO and AgustaWestland.”
The MX-15 system has been engineered as a single line replacement unit solution, which reduces installation weight by 25 percent and increases much-needed cabin space for transporting equipment, evacuees and personnel.
The MX-15’s all-digital, high-definition EO and IR cameras will provide increased visual range and wider fields-of-view than traditional standard-definition cameras. In addition, the systems will be configured with a zoom TV, high-magnification spotter TV, two laser sensors and MX-GEO Gen. 3 – a package that includes GEO-Scan, GEO-Tracking and Adaptive-GEO technologies. Together, this software suite helps deliver maximum geographic location accuracy and significantly reduces operator workload in demanding and stressful operations.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 employs approximately 51,000 people worldwide and is a prime contractor in C3ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) systems, platform and logistics solutions, and national security solutions. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. The company reported 2012 sales of $13.1 billion. To learn more about L-3, please visit the company’s website at www.L-3com.com.
- 06-Nov-19 MM81487 Leonardo AW101 Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy
- 380 mln EUR contract for maritime multirole helicopters with the Polish Ministry of National Defense
- Polish Ministry of National Defence signs Agreement for AW101
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase