Helivia Aero Taxi, S.A., a Greenwich AeroGroup company, announced today it has hired Wilson da Silva Rocha as its new Chief Pilot.
Over the past nine years, Wilson worked in the offshore aviation industry as a type rating instructor for the S76 at Líder Taxi Aereo supporting their operation in Vitoria. Prior to that, he served 37 years in the Brazilian Navy and achieved the rank of Captain.
“Wilson is a crucial appointment that now completes the Helivia operational management team,” said President of Greenwich AeroGroup do Brazil John Fenton. “His addition to the team equips us with the professionals needed to ensure Helivia achieves its true potential.”
Amongst his other achievements, Wilson da Silva Rocha held the positions of Flight Instructor, Flight Safety Officer (1st Instruction Helicopters’ Squadron), Head of Air Operations (1st Anti-Submarine Attack Helicopters’ Squadron) and Flight Instructor and Training Officer (Naval Air Force).
Wilson da Silva Rocha graduated as a naval officer and Operational Mechanical Engineer and he holds a master’s degree and Ph.D. in Naval Science.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000