UTC Aerospace Systems has signed a major contract with French company HeliDax SAS to provide aftermarket service for its fleet of helicopters – the largest EC120 worldwide fleet in operation today. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX).
Actuation Systems will provide flight controls and hydraulic operational support based on flying hours including consignment stock at the HeliDax SAS facility to aid daily operations.
The French Ministry of Defense awarded a 22 year contract in January 2008 to HeliDax SAS for training military pilots.
HeliDax has to provide a maximum of 22,000 flying hours per year on their fleet of 36 EC120 helicopters renamed “Calliope” which are fitted with special training equipment such as auto pilot, glass cockpit systems and full night vision imaging systems (NVIS).
Training was previously performed by the French army with Gazelles.
Andreas Schell, president Actuation Systems said, “Helping customers to support their strategies and provide innovative solutions to manage their maintenance spending, asset requirements and repair needs more effectively is at the heart of the business. I am delighted that HeliDax SAS recognizes the value this agreement can provide in managing its fleet.”
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.
United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries.
- 15-Dec-20 ZK-HEK Airbus H120 Kekerengu, New Zealand (2F)
- 12-Sep-20 N453F Airbus H120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- 11-Aug-20 N45?F Airbus H120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- 22-Nov-18 N124ML Airbus H120 La Romana, Dominican Republic (5F)
- Albuquerque Police look to replace EC120
- Heli-Alps Purchases new Bell 505
- 21-Mar-18 VH-WII Airbus EC120 Hardy Reef, Australia (2F)
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- San Jose City Council approves Airbus H125 to replace H120
- HeliHub prediction comes true – Robinson R66 kills off Airbus H120
- Baltimore Mayor proposes cutting one of four Police EC120s
- Aeropartner took delivery of the first multi-purpose EC-120B
- GTA signs MoU to provide maintenance for HFA helicopters
- Agreement Between Helang Flying Academy & Rotortrade Services
- Thales delivers a flight and navigation training simulator to the Royal Malaysian Air Force
- Swedish Government resumes state-funded pilot training
- Vector Aerospace expands FAA-approved ADS-B STC upgrade
- New Additions to Superior Air Fleet
- JSSI Enrolls HeliAir Sweden Fleet
- HeliAir Sweden Replaces MD500s with EC120B