CPI Aerostructures, Inc. (CPI Aero(R)) (NYSE MKT:CVU) announced that it has been selected by Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. (Spirit) (NYSE: SPR) to manufacture structural assemblies for four CH-53K heavy lift helicopter System Demonstration Test Articles (SDTA). Spirit will produce the four additional SDTA cockpit and cabin components of the CH-53K for its prime contractor Sikorsky Aircraft Corp (Sikorsky). CPI Aero will manufacture step platform assemblies and cabin rack assemblies. Delivery will occur in 2014 and 2015.
In May 2013, the US Navy funded four CH-53K demonstration aircraft that will be used for operational evaluation purposes. CPI Aero’s contract with Spirit includes firm requirements for approximately $1 million for the demonstration aircraft. The Navy program of record calls for the production of 196 aircraft, with initial operating capability targeted for 2019.
The CH-53K helicopter is a dual-piloted, multi-engine helicopter that will provide the U.S.Marine Corps with improved heavy lift capability, reduced operating costs, and state-of-the-art interoperability. The helicopter will be capable of operating day or night, in battlefield conditions and adverse worldwide climates, while fulfilling U.S. Marine Corps missions for movement of cargo and equipment, transportation of troops, and amphibious assault and operations ashore.
About Spirit AeroSystems
Spirit AeroSystems, with headquarters in Wichita, Kan., USA, is one of the world’s largest non-OEM designers and manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial aircraft. In addition to its Wichita and Chanute facilities in Kansas, Spirit has locations in Tulsa and McAlester, Okla.; Kinston, N.C.; Nashville, Tenn.; Prestwick, Scotland; Preston, England; Subang, Malaysia; and Saint-Nazaire, France. In the U.S., Spirit’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components. Additionally, Spirit provides aftermarket customer support services, including spare parts, maintenance/repair/overhaul, and fleet support services in North America, Europe and Asia. Spirit Europe produces wing components for a host of customers, including Airbus.
About CPI Aero
CPI Aero is a U.S. manufacturer of structural aircraft parts for fixed wing aircraft and helicopters in both the commercial and defense markets. Within the global aerostructure supply chain, CPI Aero is either a Tier 1 supplier to aircraft OEMs or a Tier 2 subcontractor to major Tier 1 manufacturers. CPI also is a prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, primarily the Air Force. In conjunction with its assembly operations, CPI Aero provides engineering, program management, supply chain management, and MRO services. Among the key programs that CPI Aero supplies are the E-2D Advanced Hawkeye surveillance aircraft, the A-10 Thunderbolt attack jet, the Gulfstream G650, the UH-60 BLACK HAWK(R) helicopter, the S-92(R) helicopter, the MH-60S mine countermeasure helicopter, AH-1Z ZULU attack helicopter, the HondaJet-Advanced Light Jet, the MH-53 and CH-53 variant helicopters, the C-5A Galaxy cargo jet, the E-3 Sentry AWACS jet, the Embraer Phenom 300 light business jet and the New Cessna Citation X. CPI Aero is included in the Russell MicroCap Index.
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- 03-Sep-20 ?????? Sikorsky CH-53E Sneads Ferry, US-North Carolina
- Sikorsky awarded $717M Contract for CH-53 and MH-53 Repair Support
- Raytheon Awarded $60M Contract for CH-53 and V-22 Support
- King Stallion and Chinook to battle for Israeli order
- German CH-53 retrofit program to feature Esterline avionics
- Sikorsky expects over 200 export orders for CH-53K
- Airbus awarded contract to retrofit 26 Bundeswehr CH-53 helicopters
- USMC to upgrade all 147 CH-53E helicopters
- CH-53K King Stallion Achieves 27,000 Pound External Lift
- CH-53K load testing continues with 20,000 pound lift
- Sikorsky awarded $16M for US Navy H-53 and H-60 field support
- CH-53K makes first external lift flight
- Sikorsky awarded $25M for long lead items for CH-53K early production
- Triumph Group receives 2016 Supplier Excellence Award from AHS
- German CH-53 upgrades to include FMS and Multi-Function Displays from CMC
- EDA completes Cold Blade 2016 Multinational Helicopter Exercise
- Second CH-53K joins flight test program
- Erickson Elevates Legacy Aircraft Maintenance Services Program
- Super Stallion is worn out, says report