Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC)(“Erickson” or “the Company”), a leading global provider of aviation services to a diverse mix of commercial and government customers, and the vertically-integrated manufacturer and operator of the powerful heavy-lift Erickson S-64 Aircrane helicopter, announced today that Eric K. Struik has agreed to join the Company’s leadership team as its new Chief Financial Officer, effective September 9, 2013.
Udo Rieder, Chief Executive Officer of Erickson, commented, “We are very pleased to welcome Eric to our growing and energetic team of talented executives. He has a strong track record of performance in financial analysis, planning, forecasting, and strategic finance. In particular, his experience with managing complex financial operations for global organizations makes for a particularly good fit with Erickson’s vision for the future. We look forward to benefitting from his broad experience and leadership capabilities.”
Mr. Struik comes to Erickson with nearly 20 years of experience in finance, management, and executive leadership for global organizations. He most recently served as Vice President of Finance for Remy International, a leading worldwide manufacturer and distributor of power systems for the global light vehicle, commercial vehicle, and rail markets with more than $1.1 billion in annual revenue in 2012. Since 2011, he led Remy’s financial planning and analysis, treasury, and investor relations. He was involved in Remy’s capital markets initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions, as well as Remy’s NASDAQ listing in 2012.
Prior to his tenure with Remy International, Mr. Struik was Vice President of Finance and Investor Relations for Callaway Golf, a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of technology-driven sporting goods equipment, with wide responsibilities across financial operations and investor relations. Prior to Callaway, Mr. Struik developed a deep and varied background in managing financial operations for manufacturing businesses, having held positions with Visteon, Lear, and Chrysler corporations.
Mr. Struik holds an undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Michigan and received his MBA from Indiana University. He holds various financial certifications including Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified in Financial Management (CFM), and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). Mr. Struik grew up in Europe and Japan, and speaks French, Spanish, and some German.
Mr. Struik commented, “I’m excited to join Erickson, which I believe has an exceptional opportunity to emerge as one of world’s leading aviation services companies. I am proud to join this strong and growing executive team and share their vision for the future of the Company. I look forward to contributing to the capture of a powerful opportunity to create value in the business, for customers, partners, and our shareholders.”
The Company also recognized and thanked Chuck Ryan, its outgoing Chief Financial Officer, for his dedication to the Company and the contributions he has made to its growth and success. Mr. Ryan will continue to assist the Company on a transition basis through the end of 2013.
About Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services to a diverse mix of commercial and government customers. Erickson currently operates a diverse fleet of 91 rotary-wing and fixed wing aircraft, including a fleet of 20 heavy-lift S-64 Aircranes. This fleet supports a wide and worldwide variety of government and commercial customers, across a broad range of aerial services, including critical supply and logistics for deployed military forces, humanitarian relief, firefighting, timber harvesting, infrastructure construction, and crewing. Erickson also maintains a vertical manufacturing capability for the S-64 Aircrane, related components, and other aftermarket support and maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for the S-64 Aircrane and other aircraft.
Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and maintains facilities and operations in North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.ericksonaircrane.com.
- Erickson PR machine details current fleet contracts
- Korean Forest Service contracts with Erickson to build a S-64E Aircrane
- San Diego Gas & Electric launches fire-fighting Aircrane
- Erickson and Kestrel extend Australian firefighting contract
- Rokstad Power hire Erickson for British Columbia heavy lift work
- Erickson makes series of new appointments
- Erickson to help build 160 transmission towers in India
- Erickson sets date for December 2015 quarter results
- Erickson renews British Columbia S64 timber contract for fifth time
- Third Aircrane to fight bushfires Victoria, Australia
- Erickson extends Greek fire contract with three S64 Aircranes
- SDG&E Brings Back The Skycrane To Bolster Regional Fire Suppression
- Erickson moving dozens of employees to Medford
- Erickson Announces Enhanced Aircrane Modifications
- Erickson Announces 2015 Wildfire Suppression Readiness
- Erickson Secures Two Key Contracts in Alaska
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Erickson Secures Philippines Dam Contract Award
- Erickson wins Mexico Pipeline Construction Contract
- Erickson Announces Key North American Contract Awards