[Electronic translation] A new milestone has been reached in the framework of the operational implementation of the Cayman Step B in the Navy: the first flight experiment with MU90 torpedo exercise. This flight was made on September 5 by the NH90 detachment CEPA/10S, and marks the beginning of the technical and operational evaluation of this new capacity, from land bases and frigates at sea full system qualification by the manufacturer is scheduled for mid-November, allowing the CEPA/10S to finalize this assessment by firing a torpedo combat by the end of the year.
The MU90 is a lightweight torpedo  for the fight against the most powerful nuclear and conventional submarines, they sail in deep water or near the coast. It can also be launched by the ASM F70 frigates, the multi-mission frigates (FREMM), the Horizon frigates, the Atlantic 2 (ATL2) Lynx helicopters and the Cayman Marine.
The Cayman is a Marine helicopter mounted combat whose primary purpose is to conduct missions anti-submarine and anti-surface of struggle from the Aquitaine class frigates (FREMM) and Forbin (FDA). It can also conduct maritime missions against-terrorism, support of a naval and maritime rescue.
Torpedo data – standard 299kg; launch with accessories 317kg, diameter: 324mm, 2920mm length.
- Safran to support German and Norwegian NH90 engines
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- CAE to provide German Navy with NH90 training solution
- Spain receives NH90 simulator from Indra
- RNLAF NH90 to be upgraded with Hostile Fire Indicator System
- Netherlands Ministry of Defence opens new NH90 training facility
- Airbus delivers first NH90 Sea Lion to the German Armed Forces
- ST Engineering to support German NH90 fleet
- Airbus Helicopters and Elbe Flugzeugwerke take on maintenance activities
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Sea Lion Successfully Completes Mission Demonstration
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- RUAG successfully completes the first NH90 inspection
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Patria received a follow-on NH90 maintenance order
- Italy Saves €450M from Defence Contract
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Norwegian NH90 Procurement Criticised
- NH90 User Conference 2018