Discount retailer Home Bargains, based in the city of Liverpool in the north-west of the UK, has taken delivery of a Bell 429. This is believed to replace their Eurocopter AS350B3 G-GMCM, which is five years old and has under 750 hours on the airframe. The new aircraft was seen at Blackpool airport on Wednesday 18th, and has been registered in the tax-efficient Isle of Man. Home Bargins is the trading name of T J Morris Ltd, which was set up by Tom Morris in 1976 and today turns over around £900M (approx US $1.44B).
HeliHub.com understands that this 429 has the weight increase approved – another reason it is on the Isle of Man register as EASA and FAA have not yet approved the 429 at the max take-off weight of 7,500lb, an increase of 500lb over the standard weight.
Home Bargains describes itself thus on its website “The best brands at the lowest prices, with over 200 stores throughout the UK. TJ Morris Ltd, trading as Home Bargains, is one of the UK’s fastest growing discount retailers. Home Bargains has over 200 stores throughout the UK and plans to expand this to over 500 stores by 2018. We aim to offer the lowest prices in the UK on top quality, branded goods.” The Sunday Times newspaper assessed the Morris family wealth at £1.22B ($1.97M) in their “Rich List 2013”, which was published in April of this year.
This corporate 429 follows the UK’s first 429 which is operated by National Grid on powerline patrol.
Photo (c) Copyright 2013 of Mike Powney – reproduced here with his permission.
Ben Haverdee – HeliHub.com
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- Honeywell Brings Connectivity to New Heights at Heli-Expo 2019
- Bell and EDIC Horizon celebrate two more 429 deliveries
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance rent Explorer to cover for grounded Bell 429
- NZ Police contract with new operator and will switch to Bell 429
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance grounded by Heli Charter liquidation
- Bell to showcase at MEBAA 2018
- Bell 429 – TB_429-18-58 – Bellcrank Assemblies
- Bell showcases at Japan International Aerospace Exhibition 2018
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-21-15 – Rod End
- Bell 429 – FAA AD 2018-16-51 – Tail rotor gearbox
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- Bell Delivers Three B429s
- UAE operator EDIC Horizon orders Bell 429 simulator
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Bell 429 Celebrates over 330 000 hours of operation
- Bell to feature Nassau County Police 429 at APSCON
- Air Zermatt celebrates 50 years of operations with B429 delivery
- Bell annonces sale of 2 B429s to EDIC Horizon
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s