StandardAero announced that Russell Ford has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company. Ford joins StandardAero from Precision Castparts Corporation, where he recently served as President of Carlton Forge Works and Dickson Test Group of the Forged Products Division. Ford begins his new role on October 15.
“Russell brings nearly 30 years of professional experience as a multi-national business leader with demonstrated results in both public and private sector companies,” said Firoz Tarapore, Interim CEO of StandardAero and Chief Executive Officer of Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE). “His vast aerospace and industrial experience, strong technical knowledge, commitment to process improvement and proven ability to deliver results make him an outstanding selection as our new leader and I am confident he will be successful in his new role.”
Ford previously has served as President & CEO for private equity companies including ClearEdge Power Inc., Prestolite Electric Inc. and Holley Performance Products Inc. In the public sector, he served as Senior Vice President of Operations for Lockheed Martin Corporation, leading all aircraft production and a 15,000 employee organization. In addition, he served as General Manager for the Industrial and Marine Engine Division of AlliedSignal Corporation. Prior to that, he served in engineering and management positions for Bell Helicopter, AT&T.
Ford holds an M.B.A. degree from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from The Georgia Institute of Technology. He is also a certified Six Sigma Blackbelt and Shingijutzu Lean Expert.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components, energy and VIP completions markets. A Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) company, StandardAero provides a global service network of 13 primary facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Singapore and Australia, along with an additional 50 sales and field service locations. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011.
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd is a globally recognized aerospace company specializing in maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services, aircraft completions and aircraft leasing. The Company is headquartered in Dubai and operates in four continents and employs over 4,000 people. More information can be found on the company’s web site at www.dubaiaerospace.com.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award