MD Helicopters Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company and leading manufacturer of commercial, air-rescue, military and law enforcement helicopters, announced that the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) has placed orders for 12 new MD 530F helicopters. The new aircraft will be delivered during the fourth quarter of 2013.
The newest members of the KRG fleet will provide support to the Ministry of Interior for airborne law enforcement and firefighting missions in the mountainous regions of Kurdistan. The aircraft will be equipped with the latest state-of-the art technology, including NVG compatible cockpit, high powered searchlight and advanced avionics.
“The MD 530F provides exceptional mission versatility and proven hot and high performance, indigenous to the Kurdistan region” said Ms. Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer of MDHI. “We are pleased that the Kurdistan Regional Government has chosen the MD 530F aircraft to support their critical airborne police and firefighting missions. We look forward to growing our relationship with the KRG and providing exceptional support for the new fleet.”
Equipped with the 650 shp Rolls Royce 250-C30 engine and longer main-rotor blades, the MD 530F is the company’s finest high-altitude, hot-day performer. When compared to the MD 500E, the 530F’s tailboom is extended eight inches, and the tail rotor blades are also lengthened to provide increased thrust and directional control at high altitudes. The MD 530F increases the operational capabilities, enabling greater mission versatility and performance. This dependable aircraft has greater take-off power at significantly higher hover ceiling levels than its competitors, with in-ground-effect hover capability of 16,000 feet ISA. The MD 530F also retains the family characteristics of speed, agility, low direct operating costs and the ability to operate with ease in confined spaces.
About MD Helicopters
MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a Lynn Tilton company, is a leading manufacturer of commercial, military, law enforcement and air-rescue helicopters. The MDHI family of rotorcraft is world renowned for its value, versatility and performance. The MD Helicopters family includes the twin-engine MD Explorer, and single engine versions of the MD 600N, MD 520N, MD 500E, MD 530F and MD 540F. The innovative NOTAR system for anti-torque control with no tail rotor is used exclusively by MD Helicopters to provide safer, quieter and confined-area access capability. The company is based in Mesa, Arizona. For more information about MDHI, visitwww.mdhelicopters.com.
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Afghan AF receives last 5 of 30 MD530F Cayuse Warriors
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- MD Helicopters Awarded $50.4 million contract
- MD Helicopters Features Tennessee Valley Authority MD530F and MD969 at Heli-Expo 2019
- MD Helicopters to feature class cockpit MD530F
- MDHI completes initial delivery of enhanced MD530F
- Afghan MD530Fs to receive safety and endurance upgrades
- Virginia Beach Police welcome MD530F
- Kenya orders 6 MD530Fs
- MD delivers MD530F to Afghan Air Force
- Tennessee Valley Authority Purchases MD530F
- FAA approves all-glass cockpit for MD530F
- MD takes Hamilton County Sheriff MD530F to APSCON
- Fresno County Sheriff welcomes new MD530F
- Fresno County Sheriff’s Office MD 530F Purchase
- Gwinnett County Police Department purchase MD530F
- Gwinnett OKs replacement for crashed MD530F
- Hamilton County Sheriff receives 530F
- Triumph Agreement with MD Helicopters Extends Support