Turbomeca (Safran) signed a 25 million EUR contract with the Royal Netherlands Air Force for the repair, overhaul and inspection of their Makila engines.
This contract covers the Makila 1A2 engines, powering today the 17 AS532 Cougar helicopters of the Royal Netherlands Air Force. These helicopters are used for missions in for instance Afghanistan, “anti piracy mission” at the Horn of Africa, fire fighting and local missions in the Netherlands, where the helicopter has proven its capability.
Compared to the Makila 1A1, the Makila 1A2 offers higher performance and continuous power availability thanks to its EECU (Electronic Engine Control Unit).
Turbomeca (Safran) is the leading helicopter engine manufacturer, and has produced 70,000 turbines based on its own designs since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of engines in the world and dedicated to 2,500 customers in 155 countries, Turbomeca provides a proximity service thanks to its 16 sites, 30 Certified Maintenance Centers, 18 Repair & Overhaul Centers, and 90 Field representatives and Field technicians. Microturbo, the subsidiary of Turbomeca, is the European leader in turbojet engines for missiles, drones and auxiliary power units. For more information: www.turbomeca.com and www.safran-group.com .
- Airbus AS332 EC225 – Proposed AD 20-140 – Placards and Markings
- 28-Aug-30 JA332T Airbus AS332L1 Nagaoka, Japan
- 25-Nov-19 Airbus AS532 Liptako, Mali (11F)
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- 31-Oct-19 HL9619 Airbus EC225 Dokdo, Korea (7F)
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Swedish military sells AS332M1 fleet
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- Airbus have sold 21 ex-CHC H225s to Ukraine
- Airbus H225s finding new homes onshore
- CHC introduces AW189 in Australia
- 08-Nov-17 JA9672 Airbus AS332L Ueno, Japan (4F)
- Two thirds of passengers unlikely to fly in H225 ever again
- Airbus responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- EASA responds to Norwegian EC225 investigation update
- Norwegian Investigators issue another Preliminary Report on EC225 accident
- Héli-Union Opens a New Branch in Pau, France
- Heli-One Meets Super Puma Exchange Demand
- Concorde Battery approved for AS332
- Vector Aerospace receives EASA STC approval for ADS-B upgrade