AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce the establishment of Gulf Helicopters as an AgustaWestland Authorised Training Centre. Doha-based Gulf Helicopters provides training services using an AW139 Level B Full Flight Simulator (FFS) certified by the UK’s CAA as a FFS as per JAR-FSTD H to Level B which incorporates the latest technical advancements in flight simulation and “state of the art” graphic displays. The establishment of Gulf Helicopters by AgustaWestland as Authorised Training Centre further cements the strong relationship between the two companies who will now jointly offer AW139 pilot training services to the market, whilst strengthening the growing global support and training footprint for AgustaWestland aircraft.
John Ponsonby, Senior Vice President Global Customer Support and Training, AgustaWestland said “We warmly welcome Gulf Helicopters to our growing network of Authorised Training Centres, created to deliver high quality training services to our expanding number of customers around the world. The Middle East region is an important market for AgustaWestland and particularly the AW139 helicopter, so we are very pleased to be partnering with Gulf Helicopters to grow the range of AW139 pilot training services available to operators across the region.”
Mohamed Al Mohannadi, Chief Executive Officer of Gulf Helicopters said “It is indeed a natural progression for Gulf Helicopters Training Academy, which is an EASA Part 147 Training Organization, to become an Authorised Training Centre for an OEM, so that we can cater to the market in our region and elsewhere and also to grow into the future. We are already providing trainings to third party users and expect to attract more clients due to excellent delivery of services, our experience and location. Gulf Helicopters Training Academy holds approval from other National Aviation Authorities beside Qatar Civil Aviation Authority. We are currently a customer of AgustaWestland and we are delighted to sign this agreement to strengthening our partnership.”
The AW139 is a new generation medium twin-turbine helicopter setting new standards in its class. To date, orders for over 730 AW139 helicopters have been placed by around 200 customers from approximately 60 countries to carry out a wide range of missions including offshore transport, law enforcement ad homeland security duties, EMS/SAR, utility, fire fighting, VIP/corporate transport, and other government roles.
Through the training academies in Italy, UK, USA and Malaysia, AgustaWestland enjoys an enviable track record in successfully training both commercial and military pilots and maintainers from all over the world. Training programmes are tailored to meet a customer’s individual needs and operational requirements using established analytical processes. Training solutions and services are designed, developed and delivered through the entire lifecycle of the product to meet the demands of long-term operational support. Extensive use is made of multi-media tools and an expanding range of synthetic training devices ranging from e-learning, part-task maintenance and procedures trainers through to full mission and flight simulators.
Gulf Helicopters is a prime AW139 operator with three units on order and fifteen already in operation and with a preliminary order for fifteen AW189 helicopters. Gulf Helicopters is owned by Qatar Petroleum, through the holding company, Gulf International Services and General Public of State of Qatar. Gulf Helicopters has been providing helicopter services since 1970 working with companies throughout the Middle East, India, Far East and North Africa. Gulf Helicopters has its own in-house maintenance facility with a team of highly qualified and experienced engineers undertaking fleet maintenance and modification work. Gulf Helicopters is also an authorized service centre for AgustaWestland for their AW139s and also one of the first companies to have its own full flight simulator for the AW139 for its own and third party use. Gulf Helicopters is also a FAA approved Repair Station and EASA approved Part 145 Maintenance Organization. The Company is also EASA approved Part 147 Training Organization for the AW139.
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- MDFR upgrades fleet with delivery of first AW139
- Penzance Helicopters introduces AW139 to Isles of Scilly service
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- 24-Jul-20 VH-TJO Leonardo AW139 Goulburn, Australia
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- 20-Jun-20 VH-EGK Leonardo AW139 Caboolture, Australia
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales