Kongsberg Defence Systems (KONGSBERG) has signed an agreement to collaborate with the helicopter supplier AgustaWestland. AgustaWestland is in competition for the replacement of the Sea King in service for Norwegian Search and Rescue. The Sea King has been in service since 1972 and is also delivered by AgustaWestland.
Should AgustaWestland win with their AW101 candidate, this new agreement will expand significantly the long-term helicopter activities at KONGSBERG. With the new agreement, the helicopter activity has a potential for 150-200 MNOK in yearly revenues and secures 50 jobs for approximately 30 years.
On the existing Sea King, KONGSBERG has already for 30 years been responsible for maintenance of the helicopters drive line (rotorheads and gearboxes). The new agreement with AgustaWestland represents an expansion of tasks and development in connection with maintenance and test of rotorheads and gearboxes for the AW101 helicopter.
Furthermore the agreement includes transfer of technology for advanced test equipment facilitating full-functional testing of gearboxes and other new technologies in helicopter maintenance. With the new test equipment in house, it opens for new possibilities to maintain other gearboxes in the AgustaWestland portfolio, amongst others for the NH-90. In 2011, KONGSBERG signed an agreement with AgustaWestland to maintain the gearboxes on the NH-90`s in supply for the Nordic countries (totaling 52 helicopters).
- 380 mln EUR contract for maritime multirole helicopters with the Polish Ministry of National Defense
- Polish Ministry of National Defence signs Agreement for AW101
- Kongsberg opens new transmission MRO facility for AW101 and NH90
- Leonardo wins Canadian SAR AW101 upgrade contract
- First Leonardo AW101 Commando Merlin delivered to the Commando
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT to 35 days
- RoadRunner EFI on display at HAI Heli-Expo
- Leonardo delivers first Norwegian SAR AW101
- Thailand signs AW101 MoU with Leonardo
- AW101 is focus for Leonardo at MSPO 2017 in Poland
- First Royal Navy AW101 Merlin Mk.4 flies
- Norway opens AW101 Training Centre
- Leonardo joins IMP again for Canadian AW101 upgrade program
- Team Cormorant re-established for Canadian AW101 Mid-Life Upgrade
- 21-May-17 Leonardo AW101 Hamr el Ain, Algeria (3F)
- Canadian Defence Minister wants B412 and AW101 upgrades
- Onboard Systems contracted for AW169 and AW101 HEC Secondary Hook Kits
- Indonesian AW101 Investigation
- Indonesian Air Force Looks into AW-101 Helicopter Purchase
- KONGSBERG and Leonardo sign agreements for NH-90 and AW101 helicopters