Universal Helicopters (UHI) with locations in Arizona, Utah, Kansas, and California, would like to announce that their annual Safety and Standardization Seminar (SSS) has received the necessary FAA approval to conduct its SSS as a Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC). This FIRC was added as an additional course to UHI’S existing approved 141 course list.
The approval allows helicopter CFI’s, working for UHI and its invited guests, who hold a helicopter CFI Certificate, to receive a Graduation Certificate (after successfully completing the 2 day course) which can be presented to a FSDO to renew their CFI.
Dr. Gordon A Jiroux, President and CEO of UHI, stated “with the help and cooperation of several UHI employees as well as the Utah FSDO, we are proud and honored to receive this approval. The Utah FSDO has been an excellent organization to work with. Their continued support and their confidence in our safety program, is helping to propel our 10 year history, of accident free flying, into the next decade.”
For the past several years the annual, 2 day course, has been held at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Prescott, Arizona campus. This year will be no different as the dates have already been set for October 5th & 6th, 2013.
Scheduled Guest Speaker for this year’s UHI SSS is Kurt Robinson, President, Robinson Helicopter Company.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident