PRA VP Tim O’Connor, a Gyroplane CFI and Advanced Ground Instructor, is making available a live, online ground school for the Sport Pilot/Gyroplane certificate for PRA members. Here is a chance for those seeking the certificate to complete the preparation for the FAA Knowledge Test online.
The course will be offered over eight consecutive Thursday evenings, January 9 – February 27, 2014 from 7pm – 10pm Eastern Time. This will total 24 hours of live, virtual classroom instruction, (sample screenshot shown above,) and students will be assigned homework. An additional (optional) three hours of flight planning may be added to the schedule if time permits for a total of 27 hours of live, online training.
You’ll need a computer or tablet, a good internet connection, and headphones with microphone (no speakers please). Students will receive a bundle of materials after they have registered for the class including exam supplement diagrams, worksheets and practice links.
Students achieving a 90% or higher score on test prep will receive a logbook endorsement to take the knowledge test at an FAA authorized testing center.
Required class materials include:
- Electronic E6B Flight Computer
- Sectional Chart Plotter (must be rotating type)
- A supply of sectional maps (one must be Cincinnati)
- One or more FAA Airport Directories (one must cover Ohio)
- A bound notebook
- A copy of FAA FAR/AIM 2013
- FAA handbooks, circulars, fliers and publications relevant to your exam
- Several packs of index cards
- Post-It notes (several packs)
See www.PRA.org for links and details for acquiring these items.
Tuition is $200.00 for PRA members. Enrollment is currently open. For details and registration, visit www.PRA.org and click the ground school link on the left, or e-mail Tim O’Connor at: [email protected]
There’s no more effective way to prepare for the FAA’s Sport Pilot/Gyroplane knowledge test than using Tim’s proven course. This is a terrific opportunity to make good use of winter months to be ready for flight instruction in the new year.
If you’re not yet a PRA member or have let your membership lapse, use this link to reach the Join/Renew page at the PRA website. You can use a major credit card on the spot, or read instructions on how to join or renew by mail or phone.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet