Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated (NASDAQ:EAC)(“Erickson” or “the Company”), a leading global provider of aviation services to a diverse mix of commercial and government customers, and the vertically-integrated manufacturer and operator of the powerful heavy-lift Erickson S-64 Aircrane helicopter, has announced the signing of a new, multi-year aerial firefighting contract to support National Aerial Firefighting Centre (“NAFC”) operations in Australia. The Company noted that this was its largest Australian firefighting contract to date, calling for the provision of six Aircrane helicopters, with the option for additional aircraft as needed, based on fire conditions and pending aircraft availability.
Udo Rieder, Chief Executive Officer of Erickson, commented, “Erickson has been saving lives and resources fighting fires in Australia for 16 years. This new contract represents an important continuation of our relationship with the NAFC, one of the world’s leading practitioners of aerial firefighting. We’re proud to maintain a deep and established presence in Australia with this contract, and believe that the NAFC’s ongoing commitment to Erickson reflects our excellent track record, high standard of service, and cost-effective solution. Our newest partner in the region, Kestrel Aviation – with whom we’re teaming to provide the full range of diversified aerial support – is an established helicopter company with deep experience fighting fire in the rugged Australian environment.”
The contract is for three years with two optional one-year extensions, with a total value of approximately $60 million. Erickson will provide six S-64 Aircrane helicopters, equipped with the Company’s proprietary, 2,650-gallon fire suppression system, a detachable water tank with multiple refill options and eight coverage levels for targeted fire suppression. Initially, two Aircranes will be stationed in Victoria, two in New South Wales, one in South Australia, and one in Western Australia. The Company noted that this contract is key to the global, seasonal optimization of its firefighting operations. Erickson is able to mitigate seasonality in this key market by procuring long term agreements in the alternating northern and southern hemisphere fire seasons.
About Erickson Air-Crane Incorporated
Erickson is a leading global provider of aviation services to a diverse mix of commercial and government customers. Erickson currently operates a diverse fleet of 91 rotary-wing and fixed wing aircraft, including a fleet of 20 heavy-lift S-64 Aircranes. This fleet supports a wide and worldwide variety of government and commercial customers, across a broad range of aerial services, including critical supply and logistics for deployed military forces, humanitarian relief, firefighting, timber harvesting, infrastructure construction, and crewing. Erickson also maintains a vertical manufacturing capability for the S-64 Aircrane, related components, and other aftermarket support and maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for the S-64 Aircrane and other aircraft.
Founded in 1971, Erickson is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and maintains facilities and operations in North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. For more information, please visit www.ericksonaircrane.com.
- Erickson PR machine details current fleet contracts
- Korean Forest Service contracts with Erickson to build a S-64E Aircrane
- San Diego Gas & Electric launches fire-fighting Aircrane
- Erickson and Kestrel extend Australian firefighting contract
- Rokstad Power hire Erickson for British Columbia heavy lift work
- Erickson makes series of new appointments
- Erickson to help build 160 transmission towers in India
- Erickson sets date for December 2015 quarter results
- Erickson renews British Columbia S64 timber contract for fifth time
- Third Aircrane to fight bushfires Victoria, Australia
- Erickson extends Greek fire contract with three S64 Aircranes
- SDG&E Brings Back The Skycrane To Bolster Regional Fire Suppression
- Erickson moving dozens of employees to Medford
- Erickson Announces Enhanced Aircrane Modifications
- Erickson Announces 2015 Wildfire Suppression Readiness
- Erickson Secures Two Key Contracts in Alaska
- Sunset Aviation Service launches new website
- Erickson Secures Philippines Dam Contract Award
- Erickson wins Mexico Pipeline Construction Contract
- Erickson Announces Key North American Contract Awards