Elbit Systems announced today that it was awarded a follow-on contract to supply advanced Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) systems for the Republic of Korea Army’s SURION helicopter. The contract, which is in an amount that is not material to Elbit Systems, will be performed over a four-year period.
Elbit Systems will supply the HMD systems to Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd. (KAI), the original manufacture of the SURION helicopter. This contract award follows an initial contract that was signed with KAI in 2009 as part of the Korean Helicopter Program (KHP) and in which Elbit Systems and KAI completed and demonstrated a successful integration of Elbit Systems’ HMD on the SURION.
Yoram Shmuely, General Manager of Elbit Systems’ Aerospace Division, said:
“We are pleased that the Korean Army, which is considered among the world’s most advanced and modern armies, decided to equip its helicopters with additional HMD systems, testifying to the customer’s satisfaction with the systems’ performance. We consider the Republic of Korea a very important market, and we have recently established a local company, Sharp Elbit Systems Aerospace, Inc. (“SESA”), a jointly-owned company with Sharp Aviation K Inc., to focus on advanced military aircraft avionics. We are considering involving SESA in the performance of this HMD project as well.”
About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of military and commercial aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (“C4ISR”), unmanned aircraft systems (“UAS”), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial aviation applications and providing a range of support services.
For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems.com.
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Universal Helicopters closes its doors after almost 60 years of operations
- Gama Aviation starts Scottish EMS operations after taking contract back from Babcock
- Heli Hero names added to new helicopter
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada