FlightSafety International announces that it will demonstrate its newly enhanced training materials iPad App at the 2013 National Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition.
“FlightSafety’s newly enhanced iPad App offers interactive features that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of training while providing convenient access to pre-study and classroom course materials,” said Greg McGowan, Senior Vice President, Operations.
The App can be downloaded at no charge from the iTunes App Store. Once a FlightSafety Customer is enrolled in a training program, the App will automatically download of the course materials. It is currently available for use in a growing number of pilot, maintenance technician and flight attendant courses.
It includes digital training manuals, cockpit posters, flashcards, and guides that serve as an excellent resource for post-course review and reference. The App features an advanced notebook function that automatically transfers the Customers’ notes and bookmarks to subsequent document versions. It also offers a search function, a freehand drawing tool with floating text, and the ability to export document with notes and drawings to mydocuments area of the App. Over 8,500 Customers are enrolled and using the FlightSafety App to date.
New interactive features have been added for a select and increasing number of training courses. iFlightDECK ™ offers fully interactive navigation from the Electronic Instrument Panel Poster (eIPP) to the Pilot Training Handbook (PTH). iFlightDECK Cabin is a newly designed interactive and dynamic reference of the cabin operations manual. Aircraft Walkaround Familiarization includes a point-by-point checklist that highlights key exterior aircraft components and demonstrates their functionality. iFlashCards are ideal for memorization and review of a wide variety of procedures, systems and components.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. The company provides more than a million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories. FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Japan, South Africa, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident