Signature Flight Support Corporation, a BBA Aviation company, announced today that it has been selected as the exclusive FBO launch partner for Gogo Cloud. Initial facilities are already equipped with the service at IAD, MCO and LAS, and approximately 15 key business and resort Signature locations are expected to be live by the end of 2014.
When an aircraft arrives at a Signature Flight Support location equipped with Gogo Cloud, Aircell’s UCS 5000 system automatically connects to the Gogo Cloud Wi-Fi signal and does a complete update for Gogo Cloud in-flight entertainment (IFE) content – all without any intervention from the flight crew. The transfer takes place at ultra-high speed – typically less than 60 seconds to load a 30-minute TV episode, and about three minutes for a feature-length movie. Aircell’s UCS 5000 system is business aviation’s first all-in-one smart router/media server.
Maria Sastre, President and Chief Operating Officer, Signature Flight Support, said, “Gogo Cloud will be a great addition to Signature Flight Support’s world-class customer experience. Business aircraft can get their in-flight entertainment (IFE) updates and all their flight support services needs met in a single stop. We’re well underway with Gogo Cloud deployment – three facilities are already up and running, including our FBO at McCarran International right here in Las Vegas, We look forward to additional locations being added to the system in 2014 starting with key business and resort locations.” Sastre further stated. “We are continually introducing exclusive technology and innovation to better serve our customers and Gogo Cloud is one such example.”
John Wade, Aircell’s Executive Vice President and General Manager commented, “We’re thrilled to have Signature Flight Support as the launch FBO partner for Gogo Cloud. Their facilities are located at many of the busiest business aviation airports, giving customers easy access to Gogo Cloud when they’re away from home base.”
Signature Flight Support is exhibiting at this year’s National Business Aviation Association Convention and Expo in Las Vegas, NV (Booth #N3505).
Signature Flight Support Corporation, a BBA Aviation plc company, is the world’s largest fixed-base operation (FBO) and distribution network for business aviation services. Signature services include fueling, hangar and office rentals, ground handling, maintenance and a wide range of crew and passenger amenities at strategic domestic and international locations. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Signature currently operates at more than 100 locations in the United States, Europe, South America, Africa and Asia. For more information, please visit: www.signatureflight.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/
BBA Aviation plc is a leading global aviation services and aftermarket support provider. BBA Aviation’s Flight Support businesses (Signature Flight Support and ASIG) provide specialist on-airport support services, including refuelling and ground handling, to the owners and operators of private, business, military and commercial aircraft. BBA Aviation’s Aftermarket Services businesses (Dallas Airmotive, Premier Turbines, H+S Aviation, International Turbine Service, W. H. Barrett Turbine Engine Company, International Governor Services, Ontic and APPH) are focused on the repair and overhaul of gas turbine engines and the manufacture and service of aerospace components, sub-systems and systems. BBA Aviation group companies operate from more than 220 individual locations on five continents. For more information, please visit www.bbaaviation.com.
- Sikorsky and Boeing update Defiant X for US Army FLRAA bid
- Foresight HUMS integrates helicopter-specific data into Digital AirWare MRO software
- Wingcopter secures $22M to expand delivery drone business
- Centum phone location technology approved for Airbus H145
- Bristow achieves ISO 14001 environmental certification for UK operations
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue