AdamWorks (www.adamworksinc.com), a company that designs and manufactures lightweight high-strength composite structures, has been selected by AVX Aircraft Company to provide structural engineering services in development of its Joint Multi-Role (JMR) technology demonstrator helicopter.
AVX Aircraft Company announced that the Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) of the U.S. Army has awarded AVX a Technology Investment Agreement to refine AVX’s objective aircraft design developed under a previous JMR contract and make preparations for building and flight-testing a coaxial compound helicopter technology demonstrator.
AVX Aircraft Company and its industry teammates have been designing and refining a unique Compound Coaxial Helicopter (CCH) since 2009 under the JMR Configuration Trades and Analysis (CTA) program. This new award allows AVX and teammates to continue with the CCH predesign, followed by a more detailed design, and the potential to build and test of a Technology Demonstrator aircraft that validates the critical technologies of the CCH configuration in order to meet the JMR performance criteria (speed, hover efficiency, and cruise efficiency) while providing the war fighter’s operational needs (troop transport, medevac, self-deployment, cargo, and ship board compatibility, etc.). An armed variant that has parts commonality with the transport replicates the transport performance including speed.
The AVX approach provides a highly effective solution to the JMR requirements including lower costs for development, acquisition, and O&S. The AVX JMR objective aircraft is shown in the artist’s concept above.
The AVX JMR aircraft is designed for the U.S. war fighter. It features accommodations for 14 troops, a rear ramp and two side doors for rapid troop ingress and egress, cargo loading and three external cargo hooks. The AVX JMR objective aircraft is fully shipboard compatible and has a smaller footprint than legacy aircraft (UH60 and AH64).
Emerging results from JMR TD Phase I will be used to inform the Future Vertical Lift effort regarding promising vehicle configurations, the maturity of enabling technologies, obtainable performance capabilities, and will highlight the affordable technical solutions required to achieve those capabilities while reducing program risk. The AVX CCH TD is a 3/4 scale version of the JMR objective aircraft that duplicates the key technical features and performance capabilities of the AVX CCH configuration.
AdamWorks, based in Centennial, Colorado, is a leading provider of composite engineering and manufacturing solutions for aerospace, defense and commercial industries. Specialties include aircraft structures, radomes and sensor pods. AdamWorks operates out of 30,000 square feet and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
About AVX: Founded in 2005, and headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, AVX Aircraft Company employs helicopter industry veterans and executives with a combined experience of over 400 years of across a spectrum of skill sets. AVX has developed and patented a unique compound helicopter configuration with coaxial rotors and dual ducted fans that combine proven technologies to achieve greater speed, range, payload and utility than conventional helicopters.
AdamWorks is a trademark of AdamWorks, LLC. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO