AdamWorks (www.adamworksinc.com), a company that designs and manufactures lightweight high-strength composite structures, has been selected by AVX Aircraft Company to provide structural engineering services in development of its Joint Multi-Role (JMR) technology demonstrator helicopter.
AVX Aircraft Company announced that the Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) of the U.S. Army has awarded AVX a Technology Investment Agreement to refine AVX’s objective aircraft design developed under a previous JMR contract and make preparations for building and flight-testing a coaxial compound helicopter technology demonstrator.
AVX Aircraft Company and its industry teammates have been designing and refining a unique Compound Coaxial Helicopter (CCH) since 2009 under the JMR Configuration Trades and Analysis (CTA) program. This new award allows AVX and teammates to continue with the CCH predesign, followed by a more detailed design, and the potential to build and test of a Technology Demonstrator aircraft that validates the critical technologies of the CCH configuration in order to meet the JMR performance criteria (speed, hover efficiency, and cruise efficiency) while providing the war fighter’s operational needs (troop transport, medevac, self-deployment, cargo, and ship board compatibility, etc.). An armed variant that has parts commonality with the transport replicates the transport performance including speed.
The AVX approach provides a highly effective solution to the JMR requirements including lower costs for development, acquisition, and O&S. The AVX JMR objective aircraft is shown in the artist’s concept above.
The AVX JMR aircraft is designed for the U.S. war fighter. It features accommodations for 14 troops, a rear ramp and two side doors for rapid troop ingress and egress, cargo loading and three external cargo hooks. The AVX JMR objective aircraft is fully shipboard compatible and has a smaller footprint than legacy aircraft (UH60 and AH64).
Emerging results from JMR TD Phase I will be used to inform the Future Vertical Lift effort regarding promising vehicle configurations, the maturity of enabling technologies, obtainable performance capabilities, and will highlight the affordable technical solutions required to achieve those capabilities while reducing program risk. The AVX CCH TD is a 3/4 scale version of the JMR objective aircraft that duplicates the key technical features and performance capabilities of the AVX CCH configuration.
AdamWorks, based in Centennial, Colorado, is a leading provider of composite engineering and manufacturing solutions for aerospace, defense and commercial industries. Specialties include aircraft structures, radomes and sensor pods. AdamWorks operates out of 30,000 square feet and is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
About AVX: Founded in 2005, and headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, AVX Aircraft Company employs helicopter industry veterans and executives with a combined experience of over 400 years of across a spectrum of skill sets. AVX has developed and patented a unique compound helicopter configuration with coaxial rotors and dual ducted fans that combine proven technologies to achieve greater speed, range, payload and utility than conventional helicopters.
AdamWorks is a trademark of AdamWorks, LLC. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot