Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. company (NYSE: TXT), will highlight two of its most popular aircraft in the Helicopter Air Ambulance (HAA) segment, the Bell 429 and Bell 407GX, on static display at the 2013 Air Medical Transport Conference (AMTC). Hosted by the Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS), AMTC will take place this year in Virginia Beach, Virginia, October 21 to 23.
“We are very excited to attend AMTC this year with CareFlite’s Bell 407GX on display in our booth. As the largest air medical convention available, AMTC presents the perfect opportunity for us to show air medical professionals from all over the world what we can offer with products like the Bell 407GX and the Bell 429, both backed by unmatched customer support,” said Danny Maldonado, Bell Helicopter’s executive vice president of Sales and Marketing.
The Bell 407GX on display in Bell Helicopter’s booth belongs to CareFlite®, a non-profit 501(c) 3 corporation providing medical transport across North Texas. In June, CareFlite decided to add four Bell 407GXs to their fleet because of the Bell 407’s proven reliability coupled with state-of-the-art avionics and factory-installed autopilot. Also on display in Bell Helicopter’s booth is an HAA-configured Bell 429 featuring Air Methods interior.
Bell Helicopter will demonstrate its commitment to the helicopter air ambulance industry through sponsorship of two leadership awards: the Marriott-Carlson award, which honors outstanding contributions to the emergency medical transport community, and the AAMS Program Director of the Year Award. The company will also make a significant continued donation to the MedEvac Foundation for air medical research and advancement of the air medical field.
Bell Helicopter’s air ambulance demonstrator van will participate in the CAE Cup at AMTC, a critical care skills competition utilizing the latest in human patient simulation provided by CAE Healthcare. The demonstrator van, featuring Air Methods interior, will be used in the first round of the challenge as 10 teams act out rescue scenarios, simulating patient care performed in a helicopter.
The Bell 407GX offers a smooth ride with its all-composite, four-bladed rotor system that also provides excellent hover performance and speed. The Bell 429 is the only light twin-engine helicopter on the market with true two-litter capability with enough cabin space for two medical attendants and two crew members. The Bell 429 is also the only helicopter certified through the MSG-3 process to streamline maintenance, increase safety and availability of the aircraft.
The Air Medical Transport Conference is designed to provide leadership, to educate, to inform, to cultivate friendships and to supply up to the minute information on the latest techniques and innovative approaches to emergency medical transport practice from experts in the field. More than 2,500 emergency medical transport professionals from around the world are expected to attend.
- Foreign Military Sale of B412EPi and B429 to Guyana
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell bundles SiriusXM Aviation Weather & Audio with new helicopters
- Bell Delivers the First TV News Helicopter to China
- Triumph To Provide Mechanical Flight Controls For Multiple Bell Platforms
- AeroBrigham awarded Jamaica Defence Force Bell 429 integration contract
- Bell Offers Comprehensive Program for new Commercial Aircraft Customers
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- Jamaica Defence Force picks CNC for airborne mission suites on 429 fleet
- 05-Mar-20 RP-3086 Bell 429 San Pedro, Philippines
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- S.A.F.E. Delivers Custom Bell 429 Stands to Southern California Edison
- Tennessee Valley Authority orders two Bell 429s and two 407GXi
- Bell Announces New Technological Enhancements
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- Life Flight Network Signs Purchase Agreement for B429 and B407GXi
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center